Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Charity Shops

Options
  • 29-03-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Having recently invested in a Playstation 3 i now have a playstation 2 to offload with joypads and a few games. I would like to give this to a charity shop rather than try selling it as it isn't worth a whole lot. Anyone know where i could bring it? Live in East Cork so any town in that area would be convenient or Cork city.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

jockey#1 wrote: »
    Having recently invested in a Playstation 3 i now have a playstation 2 to offload with joypads and a few games. I would like to give this to a charity shop rather than try selling it as it isn't worth a whole lot. Anyone know where i could bring it? Live in East Cork so any town in that area would be convenient or Cork city.

Thanks

I'm in a similar situation but with a original Playstation, i.e., a Playstation 1 with a dozen of so games and controllers - is there anyuse for them or is the dump/recycling centre the best bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Rather than Charity shops why not give them to after school and youth centres?

I do afterschool homework studies with 2 groups, one male 5th/6th class and the females 5th/6th.

They love having a quick game when they finish their maths/english whatever. It's good to keep them entertained also.

Just a thought :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

jockey#1 wrote: »

Thanks

I've been meaning to find out about charity shops around the city. I started a thread a few months ago asking about them and apparently there's a few up on North Main Street that accept electrical goods.

I've been on the lookout for a PS2 recently but haven't had any luck. If I saw one in a charity shop I'd probably buy it, if the price was reasonable of course. Let us know where it ends up and I might just purchase it. :)
    evilivor wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation but with a original Playstation, i.e., a Playstation 1 with a dozen of so games and controllers - is there anyuse for them or is the dump/recycling centre the best bet?

There's still people who like to collect older consoles and games, such as me. ;) Whatever you do don't throw it away. There's plenty of people who would be interested in it and it'd be a shame to just dump it.

Advertisement