Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to iphone/itunes, lost some stuff!

• 29-03-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a new iphowner, and I've discovered it's not as easy to play with as I thought!

I spent the weekend getting used to it, downloaded some apps, 1 album and 1 single from iTunes. This morning I set the lappy to import my existing mp3 collection to iTunes ready for transferring to the phone...

After I connected it, it did a couple of false start syncs. After those, I noticed that all but 3 of the album tracks have disappeared from the iphone and aren't in the iTunes. Apple only let you download once so I'm sure they're lost in the ether, or in the usb cable. (If I shake the cable, will they fall out?).

Then I realised I should rtfm, or some of tfm. I transferred the purchases (what remained of them) and then pressed the sync button.

300 tracks transferred later, and all of my apps are gone! Now, none of them were expensive, but it's a pitn to have to search for them all again! And all the podcasts I'd downloaded are also gone. Again, they were free, but you know the story.

What am I doing wrong? Can I regenerate any of my downloads at all? Can anybody help me!

Advertisement