Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hiax boots

• 29-03-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know off the top of there heads what model of the hiax boots does the Defence Forces have on issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The one's I have are the previous model of this.

http://www.haix.com/eng/workwear_produktdetail_en.php?artikel=603010

or

http://www.haix.com/eng/lawenforcement_produktdetail_en.php?artikel=201002

This is probably a slightly updated model and the ones I have are out of production.

It says Tibet on the side of the boot so it's one of them, but mine don't have the string ring that you see on the tongue here. Also the pattern on the end of the boot is slgihtly different.

On a side note, it seems that Haix are not the issued safety boot anymore. Last group I say getting safety boots got what look like Magnum Safe toe. Quite sh1t in comparison, they are very water permeable and have no ankle support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Cheers buddy... Im gonna get meself a pair next week, gonna try buying em online. I just have to find a site to get em from.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Are you in the Army? (applies to PDF or RDF) As they are a personal issue item, you can apply for them on the clothing form if so... hmmm or maybe thats only if you're doing a course that requires them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Morphéus wrote: »
    Are you in the Army? (applies to PDF or RDF) As they are a personal issue item, you can apply for them on the clothing form if so... hmmm or maybe thats only if you're doing a course that requires them?

Yes you can apply for them.....getting them is a different story!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

RDF, lol I could apply but seriously doubt I'd get em anytime soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

They're ****e anyway.

Get yourself a pair of Lowa's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

+1 On the Lowas...

The Mountain GTX is an amazing boot!

Point to note...

I got my latest issue of items just now

Looking at my clothing form,

it had a nice red line put through the part that read HIAX with someones signature scribbled beside it...

therefore even when its on your clothing form...

its not on your clothing form

cutbacks me ar$e!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Boots (Operational) have a notional 5 yr life - perhaps you weren't entitled to them?

Never got my first issue of op boots, i applied for these as im doing a career course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement