Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of advice on FM10

Options
  • 29-03-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

OK I'm not particularly good at these type of games but want to get good at them.

I'm playin Football Manager 2010 and managing Dartford FC after being unemployed in the game for one season.

I joined the team in "December 2010" and they're last place.

All I seem to be good at in this game is asking assistant advice and just watching the matches, I'm no good at the tactical side of the game at all.

The tutorial is double dutch to me lol

Any advice on how I can at least win a few games and get this team off Relegation zone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

At a team like that you wouldn't have too much choice. You need to evaluate your best 4-5 players and work your formation around them. A short passing game would be wasted here so direct football with fast tempo might be best. Prob best to not try offside trap if defenders are slow so have them sit deep.

Formation that's doing best for me is a variation of 4-4-2 - it's 4-1-2-1-2 with on centre mid dropped back to anchor man role and one winger pushed forward right up near strikers.

If winning a close game hit the tactics screen with 10 mins left and put time wasting on full and chose 'retain possession' on the in-match tactics.

One thing to definitely do with lower division teams is sign any decent players on free transfers, even if you already have 2 in that position, and sell them on a year or 6 months later. Have a core of players you want to keep but if you can sell a player that's not one of these and get someone similar for free, then do.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Try bring in a speedy striker on the free, When pinned by your collar play COunter Attacking football and watch him sprint past the slow and sluggish defenders that litter the league.

Advertisement