Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

marko93 wrote: »
    And tbh for 44.20 i think you can go wrong

you said it bro,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

bazmaiden wrote: »
    you said it bro,
    Awwwh **** XD i forgot the 't at the end of can it should of been can't xD

whooops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

bazmaiden wrote: »
    you said it bro,

LOL! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Seen them once. And I think thats enough for anybody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Bit of a novelty band imo, quite like a few of their tracks however :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

this should be in the punk section not rock and metal haha it would fit in more there

A V A wrote: »
    this should be in the punk section not rock and metal haha it would fit in more there

Then it would just turn into an argument of whether they are punk or not.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Which they aren't :pac:

I know! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I remember being tricked into buying a CD of theirs years ago by my normally on the ball music shop owning friend. I saw a busty sexy nurse on the cover and 3 tattooed and pierced guys on the back, it was called Enema of the State which I found humourus and given past history with my friend's recommendations, I just bought it without having a listen.

Got home and about 45 seconds into the first song, I took the disk out of the player and flung it across the room off the wall and jumped up and down on it several times in an effort to punish it!

I'm not into that pop-punk thing at all at all - at the time I was still finding my way into the heavier side of music. They've a couple of catchy tunes, same as a couple of others of that time that popped up (Sum 41 mostly spring to mind as well as Alien Ant Farm).

I wouldn't say they were worth €45 to see though.

well there not rock or metal they not be proper punk but there defo not rock or metal their pop punk so think theyed fit in just a tad in the punk section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The only way I'd pay €45 to go and see Blink 182 is if Janine Lindemulder herself was in attendance.

you see either way someone is going to make comments about about blink and i can tell by malice he is into rock metal ?

i can tell by malice he is into rock metal ?
    I'm a fan of a lot of different types of music, not just rock or metal if that's what you're asking.

Getting back to Blink-182, I freely admit that I like some of their stuff. Adam's Song, What's My Age Again, All The Small Things, Seasons In The Sun, I Miss You - all great songs. I still wouldn't pay that much to see them in concert.

seasons in the sun isnt blink 182?? its me first and the gimmes gimmes. . i tink it will sell out because there are people that like them as you listed you self malice all the most popy catchyiest songs and not the albums songs or what ever,there are "die hard" fans like me self that like all their work and would love to see them as they have only played here once before

to a blink fan 44.20 is nothing and it is well worth it id pay more hahah :P

seasons in the sun isnt blink 182?? its me first and the gimmes gimmes.
    This is labelled Blink-182, are you saying it's a different band?

Malice_ wrote: »
    This is labelled Blink-182, are you saying it's a different band?

yes of cousre i am its not blink 182!! sounds nothing like blink 182 dats fat mike from nofx singin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXWvb3sDVlo&feature=PlayList&p=62D380994ACF5259&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=57

i tink it will sell out because there are people that like them as you listed you self malice all the most popy catchyiest songs and not the albums songs

Because all their songs don't sound the same. :rolleyes:

Because all their songs don't sound the same. :rolleyes:

not really, ill admit all the songs chosen for public release and the ones that do be on the billboard charts etc they all do sound the same but the unreleased songs dont sound the same atall theres a few songs on the self titled album thats sound so different to the songs that were released

not really, ill admit all the songs chosen for public release and the ones that do be on the billboard charts etc they all do sound the same but the unreleased songs dont sound the same atall theres a few songs on the self titled album thats sound so different to the songs that were released

I've listened to the self titled album. It sounds different because it was there attempt to move away from their juvenile pop-punk sound and become serious, grown up artists.

I listened to Blink 182 growing up. I'm not just judging them based off their singles. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Would like to see them but had to choose between them and Guns for Leeds and Axl won

• Advertisement

I've listened to the self titled album. It sounds different because it was there attempt to move away from their juvenile pop-punk sound and become serious, grown up artists.

I listened to Blink 182 growing up. I'm not just judging them based off their singles. :pac:

ye i listend to them growin up aswell had all their posters on me wall all the magazines etc and i still heave the posters hahah

the new album suits them i think its a change,of course they were going to write a more mature album because in a way mark said that some time theyll have to take life more serious and live it day in and day out but at the same time keep the same humour which they had all the way through. they had kids at the time and were startin a family back when they were writing the album and from what i seen from my m8s having a child it does change things lol its like the mature button switches on when the child pops out

yes of cousre i am its not blink 182!! sounds nothing like blink 182 dats fat mike from nofx singin
    Interesting, I guess you learn something new every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

would be mildly enjoyable although there would be some amount of little losers at the concert.

would be mildly enjoyable although there would be some amount of little losers at the concert.

i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

IMO, once you're out of high school you should stop singing about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Got my tickets XD, anyone else going?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

marko93 wrote: »
    Got my tickets XD, anyone else going?:P

there's a thread in gigs section with lots of us talking about the gig!

i think blink are so under rated as a band tbh they are and to think how many people like them even if its only from the greatest hits they have some back catalogue one of my favorite covers blink did was another girl another planet such a amazing song evenmy mam likes it and reckonises it from when she was young hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks of them or how many nay sayer's are about or how many little losers go to the gig...... all I care about is getting my ticket so I can join those little losers :)

• Advertisement

have you got your ticket

Advertisement