Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash SWF and JSP page?? (Using netbeans)

Options
  • 29-03-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭

Hi all, any suggetsions would be great, not sure if this should be in design or development...

I'm basically trying to embed a flash SWF file into a JSP page, but nothing is showing up. I'm coding the JSP with latest version of netbeans. I've created a JSP page in Dreamweaver, dragged in the SWF file, (with all relevent RunActiveContent files etc)....but when I reopen file in netbeans it says the "embed" tag is an unknown tag, and hence the SWF shows up as blank. It needs to be a JSP page as there is dynamic data also on page which is being pulled from a database.

I've tried using an iframe, with the SWF in a HTML page, which in turn is embedded into the JSP, but still no success!! I thought it was possible, am I missing something really simple??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Try using this code rather than all the mess Dreamweaver puts in.

You'll have to put some details in twice because IE sucks, but it's still way cleaner.
    <!--[if !IE]> -->
      <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="movie.swf" width="400" height="300">
    <!-- <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE]>
      <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com
    /pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="400" height="300">
        <param name="movie" value="movie.swf" />
    <!-->
      </object>
    <!-- <![endif]-->

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Great that worked a treat, thank you so much.

I see what you mean about Dreamweaver adding in all that unecessary code.
    THanks again :)

Advertisement