Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Problem

Options
  • 29-03-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I was looking for some advise here. I bought a Toshiba a500-17x just after christmas, I had it for about a month and the screen broke. Now the laptop was never bumped off anything or handled badly, I was watching video on it and the scrren just cracked from the bottom middle to top right. Now I called up Toshiba at first and they told me it would cost €100 just to look at it and I would have to pay that if the "damage" wasnt covered.
    So I called up pixmana and they said they would take care of it, so I sent it back to them and waited overa month. Finally got an email back from them today saying the "damage" isnt covered and that I need to pay €500 for repairs(For a ******* screen, I can get a new laptop for that) or pay for the delivery of my laptop back to me, or abandon it.
    Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

First off, I would ring the European Consumer Centre if I were you:

http://www.eccireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Finally got an email back from them today saying the "damage" isnt covered and that I need to pay €500 for repairs(For a ******* screen, I can get a new laptop for that) or pay for the delivery of my laptop back to me, or abandon it.
    Is there anything I can do?
    The screen cracking for no reason sounds suspicious. As for the cost, the screen is the single most expensive part on the laptop, so not really surprised at the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Yeah, smells like a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Hi

Dont think yo are going to have much luck - try ringing Toshiba Customer Services on 01-2481248 and explain the situation to them.

Cracked screens are not usually replaced under warranty.

Paddyo

Advertisement