Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Carmel Maternity Hospital

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 East97th

Good point. Forfot that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mustang23

I too find it incredulous how its only those who have never experienced care in Mount Carmel are so incredibly vindicative about it, for heaven's sake why pass judgement on something you know nothing about simply because it costs? The care is second to none, and having experieced the cattle mart conditions in the Dublin maternity hospitals in early pregnancy, I thank my lucky stars that I eventually had my baby in Mount Carmel. My baby and I couldnt have had a better start to our life together,and it nothing whatsoever to do with prestige. Talk about chips on shoulders :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

mustang23 if you have an issue with posts report them, everyone is entitled to their opinion and having does does not make a person vindictive.

Civil posting is expected on this site and we ask people to not start flame wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mausie

I loved the whole stay in MCH had great labour care as I was the only one in the ward unlike my last child when I nearly didnt make it to the couch to give birth. I stayed 2 nights and felt when I went home rested and ready to give both my children care and love. I don't want to feel guilty, spending my money I have earned on the quality of care I want rather than feel I am at a cattle mart.
    I hate when people "bash" MC , you do realise that opting for private care in a public hospital costs just as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lyndan

Hey All,

There is a great leaflet on the Mount Carmel website that details their charges. http://www.mountcarmel.ie/downloads/MCH_maternity_pricelist.pdf

It does work out a little more expensive then going Private depending on the type of health care cover you have - in my case it was going to be an additional 2k.

I think its a personal choice and no one should feel they have to explain or defend whatever they choose.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement