Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OVERDUE!!!!!!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

cbyrd wrote: »
    Holy mother of god!!! you brought tears to my nether regions!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    I only got pain when i got to 9cms that's when i started looking for the epi...of course they said no.. but baba arrived about 10 mins later!!:D

well done Elle13 and welcome to the world baby Tobiash, what a cool name;) needless to say after putting you through that he'll sleep all night and never give you trouble as a teen!!:D

Thanks a mill! Ha ha... dont think he knows what ''sleep'' means.. on the other hand he is feeding like a soccer team not a one little man:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Oh i remember... til he was 12 days old.. he's sleeping all night since then... yay... but he'd never kick at night when i was pregnant so maybe he's just following the same routine..who know i'm just glad he does :D and i'm shameless about bragging about it too..hahaha

sore nipples are a b!tch.. i used a product called forever living aloe lip balm.. i could feel it soothing them almost as soon as i put it on..there's some great advice on some older threads and the breastfeeding one aswell.. best of luck with it..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Elle13 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill! Ha ha... dont think he knows what ''sleep'' means.. on the other hand he is feeding like a soccer team not a one little man:D
    well done elle, at last you can see now what you were waiting for . one word CABBAGE LEAVES for soar nibbles. ive herd it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Delighted for you Elle:)

wonder where FI is ;)?hope your ok .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you, Elle.

Now all we need to do is wait for "fi" to check back in lol.

Noreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Our underweight angel is proving wonderful, he never slept inside but has been good as gold here, he just wont eat as he gets contented after a few ml and you have to bribe him to eat more...having to use both expressed milk and bottle as he needs the extra calories...loving being a mummy.

Good luck to all the mummies waiting to see heir angels, hugs to Fi

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

congrats elle! i feel your pain...went through it for 4 freaking days! Got the epi at 1 -2 cm and was shreiking as the anethetist was very rough, by that time it had been going on for so long iu didn't think i'd manage! i had the same experience with the epi...could feel everything, just no pain.

Cathy, glad everything is going so well! Isobel is the same, fallls asleep and doesn't eat properly. I love being a mummy too! can't wait to meet your little man :)

Hi girls, just got chance to check in again.. ;)
    Thanks to all of you for your posts... dont think I would have ever got there without moaning with you every day here.:)
    Tobiash is a star.. since we got home 2 days ago he is different man.. he sleeps and eats and eats and sleeps.. every day he spares about an hour and half to have a little chat with his daddy.. he just loves when OH talks to him.. his eyes wide open and smiles time to time.. he is just soooo adorable..Every time I look at him am nearly in tears.. he just makes me sooo happy and proud to be mammy.. God very emotional stage this past couple of days.. I dont think I ever felt so overwhelmed... just sooo happy :o:o:o
    Hope Fi is ok!!!
    I am gonna try to download pict of Tobi so hope it works!Its only a phone picture but hope it will do the business...Chat soon.xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

ah elle congrats on ur little boy, love the name. Can't believe we were both in labour at the same time lol. Can't seem to upload pic, will try later

I love being a mummy too, can't believe this time last week i was counting contractions. I've been very lucky with Elisha she literally spends all day and night sleeping, wakes for her bottle and then drops back off. She wakes sometimes for half hour just to stare at u, which just makes me feel like the luckiest person alive.

• Advertisement

bulmersgal wrote: »
    ah elle congrats on ur little boy, love the name. Can't believe we were both in labour at the same time lol. Can't seem to upload pic, will try later

I love being a mummy too, can't believe this time last week i was counting contractions. I've been very lucky with Elisha she literally spends all day and night sleeping, wakes for her bottle and then drops back off. She wakes sometimes for half hour just to stare at u, which just makes me feel like the luckiest person alive.

Thanks a mill Bulmersgal.. yeah I know its mad how things went..
    Congrats on your little Elisha.. hope you will be able to post one pict soon.
    Was your labour ok???
    I never tought I will feel like this to be a mum but its just unbelivable strong feeling of happiness..just over the moon! :):):)

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi girls, just got chance to check in again.. ;)
    Thanks to all of you for your posts... dont think I would have ever got there without moaning with you every day here.:)
    Tobiash is a star.. since we got home 2 days ago he is different man.. he sleeps and eats and eats and sleeps.. every day he spares about an hour and half to have a little chat with his daddy.. he just loves when OH talks to him.. his eyes wide open and smiles time to time.. he is just soooo adorable..Every time I look at him am nearly in tears.. he just makes me sooo happy and proud to be mammy.. God very emotional stage this past couple of days.. I dont think I ever felt so overwhelmed... just sooo happy :o:o:o
    Hope Fi is ok!!!
    I am gonna try to download pict of Tobi so hope it works!Its only a phone picture but hope it will do the business...Chat soon.xxx
    awww hes gorgous. remember when little guy sleep you sleep. never mind the house work , if dad is home for a few days let him at it, just get to know your son as in all his little habits, then when you look into his clear eyes( when the film covering his eyes) after few weeks he will smile at you properly, i was on the look out for that to happen with my son ( hes 12 now) ill never forget 'that first smile' when he could see me proper. he still has his dimples at the side of his mouth...just relaxe with him, the house isnt going to run away cos its a little bit messy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hi all, I'm baaaccckkkkkk!!!
    Sorry took me long time seems to fly by, and this is the first chance I've had to catch up with u ladies. WOn't stay long as herself is asleep and need some shut eye to make up 4 last nite.
    Clara Margaret, born 00:36 April 8th 7lb 13 oz. Had one gel for induction and got started!! All over in 6.5 hrs once contractions really started. Can't believe its over and we're started on the next chapter of our lives!
    Will update more later hopefully, and a pic if I can figure it out!!
    BTW congrats to all the others who made it before me lol!! I'm taking up the rear.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

back again after half hour shut eye and then a frantic half hour hanging out washing while checking on her inside between every item!!
    Hope the pic works out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Fi, she's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Noreen

fi1979 wrote: »
    back again after half hour shut eye and then a frantic half hour hanging out washing while checking on her inside between every item!!
    Hope the pic works out
    awww she is a beauty fi. what are we going to do now noreen? no mammys in waiting on this thread,, i read back to where it all started, they were so fed up, look at them now all busssssssssey bussssssssey.:D again well done fi1979. at last she arrived safely. i was getting worried when you didnt sign in for a bit, but we had a fair idea you be a bit buisey.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 houseman

There has to be more ladies here overdue.... i've got about 6 weeks left to go and think it cant come fast enough. the sleeplessness, hearturn and digs in the ribs are enough to drive you demented! I cant imagine what being overdue is going to feel like!

houseman wrote: »
    There has to be more ladies here overdue.... i've got about 6 weeks left to go and think it cant come fast enough. the sleeplessness, hearturn and digs in the ribs are enough to drive you demented! I cant imagine what being overdue is going to feel like!
    ah get yourself big pillows and put them around you and get cosey arrange some around bump. was the same as you heart burn, try chewing gum sugar free or course. with the chewing it mights stop the come back food. was ok with the ribs , made up for it now he is 6yr.. is this your first houseman?

fi1979 wrote: »
    Hope the pic works out

Welcome back Fi and.. massive congrats on your little girls arrival.. she is a beauty!!!!!
    Hope she sleeps well so you can enjoy her when she is awake.. my little man is growin every day that i am already a bit scared he will grow up too fast before we know..
    The best of luck with your little girl and again congrats.. 6.5 hours.. i can only dream abt such a number :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 houseman

blond45 wrote: »
    is this your first houseman?

It most definitely is. Have enjoyed it so far - and have been very lucky when i read about some peoples pregnancy stories. EDD is 24th may! sooo excited.

• Advertisement

houseman wrote: »
    It most definitely is. Have enjoyed it so far - and have been very lucky when i read about some peoples pregnancy stories. EDD is 24th may! sooo excited.
    how ya houseman are still there? how,s things with you.

Advertisement