Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband and tv in letterkenny

Options
  • 29-03-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

moving to letterkenny in a few weeks and looking for some advice on broadband and tv..

always used sky or virgin media in derry can ayone reccommend any providers in donegal?

any good deals? would prob be looking for the freeview channels with skysports and possibly espn

any broadband to be avoided?

cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

the only people that do broadband / tv package here is ntl i think but they dont have SS, your only going to get sky sports through sky, also the price difference between NI an ROI is crazy for sky, as for broadband i have eircom, but dont live in the town seems vodaphone are cheapest ATM but they have some horrer stories, but then again evert company does

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

the only people that do broadband / tv package here is ntl

Are NTL/Chrous/UPC operating in Letterkenny now?
    i think but they dont have SS, your only going to get sky sports through sky,

You can get Sky Sports, ESPN and Setanta on NTL/Chorus/UPC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Are NTL/Chrous/UPC operating in Letterkenny now?

You can get Sky Sports, ESPN and Setanta on NTL/Chorus/UPC.

can you, i didnt know that i thought it was only setanta, you got, i duno if they do letterkenny or not i thought they were country wide? im going to phone them tonight now and find out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

NTL/Chorus/UPC are far from country-wide I'm afraid-they don't even serve all of Dublin at the moment. Outside of Dublin/The Pale, they only operate on certain towns. Sligo is as close to Letterkenny as it gets at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vinny bhoy

thanks for the replies... checked ntl they dont provide in letterkenny. was thinking of o2 broadband as i dont want a phone

just have to be sky or the bar for sky sports

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If you don't want a phoneline, you could try one of the wireless providers (they put a small antenna on the roof). Digiweb Metro and Irish Broadband (and possibly NWE?) cover Letterkenny.

Advertisement