Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera repairs in city

Options
  • 29-03-2010 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Guys and gals, looking for a bit of advice on camera repairs in Galway city. I have a digital Fuji S5100 and the button to change settings is banjaxed. I think it is nothing more than a spring clip missing, but I brought it to Fahy Foto on High Street who said they don't do camera repairs. They recommended the Galway Camera Shop, but warned there was a fixed charege of around €170 set by the manufacturers. They were wrong - the guys in the GCS told me the fixed standard price for Fuji is €200, with parts obviously adding to the cost.
    Staff in botrh shops told me the charges were set so high so as to get people to buy new cameras, rather than the companies having to repair existing ones. The thing is, I can't afford a new camera, so hoping someone on here will know where - if anywhere - I can bring the camera for someone to take a loot at.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

You should check- is the camera in warranty? And how much is the camera worth? Fujifilm should have a repair center somewhere in the UK or Ireland, you will probably be able to ring them, quote your serial and have them assess the cost. It'll cost you postage both ways but an in-warranty repair is the business IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Cheers Stunt Pengiun. Not under warranty, it is about 4 or 5 years old at this stage, which I know sounds old for a camera, but I'm not big into technology and it did the job for meI'll try and track down a repairs centre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

might be worth checking for a diy solution online.

You'd have to make peace with the fact that the camera may be dead first, before attempting any fixes that might break it further.

Fact of our modern economy is that things are built to fail - keep us consuming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Cheers Xiney. No problem if the camera is dead, and actually, it is not as can still take pics with it, btu if I go 'at it' and it packs in, c'est la vie!!!!

Advertisement