Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dive Season 2010 is upon us....

• 29-03-2010 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Just starting a thread to find out what fellow divers are hoping to do this year, be it courses/gear/sites etc...........

for 7 years I have been putting this off. Wanna do the Kowloon & Sub....... I promise myself I'm gonna get around to it this year!! And definitely a visit to Portroe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

loctite wrote: »
    Just starting a thread to find out what fellow divers are hoping to do this year, be it courses/gear/sites etc...........

for 7 years I have been putting this off. Wanna do the Kowloon & Sub....... I promise myself I'm gonna get around to it this year!! And definitely a visit to Portroe.

Hoping to dive the Kowloon and/or sub this weekend since I happen to be working in Cork this week and next, but I don't have a buddy.
    Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Hoping to dive the Kowloon and/or sub this weekend since I happen to be working in Cork this week and next, but I don't have a buddy.
    Anyone?

Ha ha.... and again I'm going to procrastinate....... It a lil chilly out there at the minute. Maybe August;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Anyone?

I would be seriously doubtful if a Baltimore centre would have enough dived-up divers for the sub at this time of year.

There are very few year-round divers about. Am always on the lookout! 24 dives so far this year, 12 of them 38-43m.
    Am fully ready for the dive season but wouldn't travel to the sub unless it was a private op. (def. on, weather permitting) with similar dived-up buddies.

Portroe looks as if the tide will allow good diving this weekend :-)

Happy Easter!

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭yankinlk

See you there! Was thinking of going Friday/Saturday.

Just to clarify, I meant Portroe, not Baltimore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Heading off to Koh Tao to do my DM course 28th of May. Hoping to get a few dives in over here before D-Day. Anything big coming up?

• Advertisement

seadeuce wrote: »
    I would be seriously doubtful if a Baltimore centre would have enough dived-up divers for the sub at this time of year.
    Yeah, I know what you mean; personally I've been to 33m twice this year, but that's all so far. Also, it was in very warm water; Nemo 33 in Brussels. So, I could hardly call myself dived-up just yet!
    However, it's a four-day weekend approaching for me, so I can get at least partially dived up if I get 2 each on Fri, Sat and Sun. Monday depends on many factors, of course, but the sub is looking preeeeetttttty unlikely!

Well, as it happened, it wasn't only Monday that depended on other factors; it was the whole weekend!
    There was no interest from anyone else in diving Fri, Sun or Mon so the boat only ran on Sat. Therefore, didn't get to the Kowloon, unfortunately. Did two fairly unspectacular dives in cold water (8C). I think I'll leave Baltimore for later in the season from now on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 wrecks1971

Dived with Mevagh in Donegal at the weekend the viz not great at the moment and the water tem was 6.8 to 7.8 on the verious dives. Enjoyed all of the dives and will go back again this year to do more when weather is a little better. I`ll stay in Ireland this year for all my diving , i`ll get a few local dives in over the next few weeks. I`ll do Portroe when tems are up. I`ll do a week in West Cork with Beara divers. Nothing else planned but will go with the flow and see what else pops up. I`d do the Sub and K.bridge if my buddies are going, they`ve been talking about doing them over the last few years. Basically I`m up for anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Heading off to Koh Tao to do my DM course 28th of May. Hoping to get a few dives in over here before D-Day. Anything big coming up?

Great place for Diving and living .... jealous :) enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

loctite wrote: »
    Ha ha.... and again I'm going to procrastinate....... It a lil chilly out there at the minute. Maybe August;).

"Dive Season 2010" started 3months and 9days ago! ;) Haven't been out as much as I wanted with college work. 9 dives so far, deepest was 30m and a few shallow ones in Carraroe to play with the camera.
    wrecks1971 wrote: »
    Dived with Mevagh in Donegal at the weekend the viz not great at the moment and the water tem was 6.8 to 7.8 on the verious dives. Enjoyed all of the dives and will go back again this year to do more when weather is a little better.

Hope to dive with Mevagh some weekend soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement