Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Wigan Match Thread

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i would hope peabutter is joking

The goalkeeper for Wigan, and the ref really deserve special mention in the City victory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I haven't the biggest fan of Tevez, but I have to admit, Ferguson must be spitting with rage at not having him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I haven't the biggest fan of Tevez, but I have to admit, Ferguson must be spitting with rage at not having him now.

Yeah I'm sure Fergie is fuming alright. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

not really.

Tevez didn't suit the role United needed of him last season, and it would have been the same this season. Just not the right fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

kryogen wrote: »
    i would hope peabutter is joking

The goalkeeper for Wigan, and the ref really deserve special mention in the City victory

Please read this carefully

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/jpg/facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

not really.

Tevez didn't suit the role United needed of him last season, and it would have been the same this season. Just not the right fit.

Bench role?

Only thing Taggart may like is that Tevez will hurt Liverpools attempt for 4th place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

With Ronaldo gone, there was definitely a place in the United team for Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Happy, happy out:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ush1 wrote: »
    Bench role?

Only thing Taggart may like is that Tevez will hurt Liverpools attempt for 4th place.

pretty much yeah. United have played their best and most succesfull stuff as a 451 with Rooney up top on his own this season.

Tevez has shown that he is fantastic as a first choice, but doesn't produce (as well) as a sub, he was fairly freaking poor for United for most of last season in the backup role. He wouldn't have been first choice ahead of Rooney up front, and I don't think you'll find a single United fan unhappy with how Rooney has done this season. Maybe if Tevez had stayed we would have had him up front and Rooney out wide, maybe it would have worked. I dunno though.

The way the season has gone, I think Tevez would have been second choice at United and while I think he would have been a better option than Owen turned out to be - he would not have been happy with that role, and would have cost a fortune in wages and transfer fee, while not producing his best.

I don't like the way he handled his exit, or his consistent snipes at United over the season, but his move has worked out for him and he has had a much better season (personally) at City than I feel he would have at United.

At City he is showing the kind of player he can be as first choice, at United I don't think he would have had that role or produced from his backup/rotation role.

EDIT: Also, whatever about hurting Liverpool for 4th, United still have to go to City this season and Tevez could cost United the league, which would be very hard to take as a United supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

CityWigan3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

pretty much yeah. United have played their best and most succesfull stuff as a 451 with Rooney up top on his own this season.

Tevez has shown that he is fantastic as a first choice, but doesn't produce (as well) as a sub, he was fairly freaking poor for United for most of last season in the backup role. He wouldn't have been first choice ahead of Rooney up front, and I don't think you'll find a single United fan unhappy with how Rooney has done this season. Maybe if Tevez had stayed we would have had him up front and Rooney out wide, maybe it would have worked. I dunno though.

The way the season has gone, I think Tevez would have been second choice at United and while I think he would have been a better option than Owen turned out to be - he would not have been happy with that role, and would have cost a fortune in wages and transfer fee, while not producing his best.

I don't like the way he handled his exit, or his consistent snipes at United over the season, but his move has worked out for him and he has had a much better season (personally) at City than I feel he would have at United.

At City he is showing the kind of player he can be as first choice, at United I don't think he would have had that role or produced from his backup/rotation role.

EDIT: Also, whatever about hurting Liverpool for 4th, United still have to go to City this season and Tevez could cost United the league, which would be very hard to take as a United supporter.

Tevez has enough quality to fit in I'd be sure. Top players usually aren't happy to sit on the bench so it's understandable, harder to make an impact in sub appearances anyway, particularly strikers.

Either way, Ferguson would be too proud to admit it but hey, Man. United aren't doing too bad anyway.

PaulieC wrote: »

you_fail-12825.jpg

Don't see how tbh! You know yourself how you are with sarcasm...and failing to detect it!!

^^^^^ just adds to the fail to be honest

sarcasm meter busted maybe?

kryogen wrote: »
    ^^^^^ just adds to the fail to be honest

sarcasm meter busted maybe?

Must be :confused:

Call it a draw? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Xavi6 wrote: »
    CityWigan3.jpg

0FE95079-AD20-DA2C-A71D473CE4A7092D.jpg

Premier_League_Manchester_dafe.JPG?adImageId=2066503&imageId=4846850

If he can repeat either in a City shirt i'll take my hat off, not that I have a hat, but I would buy or possibly borrow and remove it if he did the aforementioned thing(s).:pac:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

21 goals in 19 games now

wasn't there a United fan who had the stats of tevez and owen in his siggy at the start of the season? ... does he still have it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Caldwell's red was completely justified.

caldwell.jpg

That is exactly the kind of tackle that shouldn't be in football. Very high and dangerous. Scissored Tevez for good measure; lucky Caldwell's right leg didn't catch him.

caldwell.jpg

That is exactly the kind of tackle that shouldn't be in football. Very high and dangerous. Scissored Tevez for good measure; lucky Caldwell's right leg didn't catch him.

Tevez jumped in 2 footed aswell.

Both should have gone.

Boggles wrote: »
    Tevez jumped in 2 footed aswell.

Both should have gone.

Lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lol :rolleyes:

Why is that funny.

Tevez jumped in 2 footed, didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Why is that funny.

he did from what i saw. Never a red card maybe a yellow for the follow through nothing more. Tevez was lucky himself.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Why is that funny.

There's a case to be made for it alright

There's a case to be made for it alright

I thought so.

Actually when the ref pulled out the red, at the time I thought it was definately for Tevez.

Why is that funny.

It wasn't worthy of a red card.

It wasn't worthy of a red card.

2 footed tackle with intent.

Always a red for me.

I'm sure if it wasn't a city player, it would be for you too.

Agree to Disagree, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

caldwell.jpg

That's very similar to the tackle that broke Eduardo's leg too. The main difference was Tevez didn't try to jink him, so the ball was there to take some of the impact. Can do some serious damage.

Dunno what Tevez was at though with that stamping motion though. I think there definitely an argument he should have seen red too, he could have done some serious damage, but for like Caldwell, he slightly glanced off the ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Seriously, it's a cuckoo notion to even make the argument that Tevez deserved a red. I don't even think Caldwell deserved one, yes it was a reckless challenge but I feel a yellow would have been fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

What was with the celebration, pulling out the shin guard and kissing it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement