Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs or groups in Cork city or county

Options
  • 29-03-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any good clubs or groups in Cork city or county? Im not entirely sure what im after but i just want to get to meet people, make friends and have fun doing it. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055868403

If you want to check out that thread. Every month there is one or two nights out organised in the city by the cork city forum in-house party organsier Kingtut :p

Theres always a great turn out so im sure you would get to meet plenty of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmchealy

Hey Miralore, There's a new social club in Cork called Leeside Macra, we're launching at the Cork City Volunteer Fair in City Hall on Fri 9th,10th and 11th of April. It's an organisation for 17-35 year olds and some of the activities we participate in would be tag rugby, drama, public speaking, bowling, nights out, travel (e.g. weekends away) and some community involvement. It's a brilliant way to meet people socially while taking part in some new activities which of course is the best way! PM me for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 avrillena

Hey!

Would love to hear more about this - have you got any plans for first meeting or anything?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

avrillena wrote: »
    Hey!

Would love to hear more about this - have you got any plans for first meeting or anything?

Thanks!

Hi Avrillena,

We are meeting up for a few drinks tomorrow at the Mardyke at 8.30pm
    See the thread discussing it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055868403

Hopefully see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

Hi,

If you're interested theres a book club that meets once a month:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055314572&page=11

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 avrillena

Thanks guys - definitely plan to go to the book club - had signed up but was away the last two times. Thanks Kingtut too - have been keeping an eye on your meet-ups! I'm not in Cork at the weekends but if there is something on during the week will def try to come along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmchealy

Hey!

Thanks!
    Hey Avrillena, yep we're having a free bowling night in the Mardyke on Thursday 22nd April at 9pm. Also Leeside macra are now on Facebook so please join and become a fan of our page! We'll be meeting in the Spailpin Fanach bar on South Main St. on the first Tuesday of the month at 8.30pm (we'll be down the back!). Hope to see you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thanks Kingtut too - have been keeping an eye on your meet-ups! I'm not in Cork at the weekends but if there is something on during the week will def try to come along.

You're welcome Avrillena! There will be a thread up later about a bowling night so keep an eye out (you will be able to pick a date in the poll) and someone else will be organising a karaoke night soon :)

Advertisement