Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading And Leeds 2010

Options
  • 29-03-2010 7:17pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

reading_final.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Not mad into GnR but that still looks like an excellent. Tink i'll prob go for the blink o2 gig though, and hopefully Arcade Fire will play their own gig here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Reading looks ****ing amazing this year. Oxegen have said they will be announcing more acts on 48 hours...hope they have some of the ones on reading`s.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

WEEZER:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    WEEZER:D

Thats what im happy about would love if they came with Blink to the O2 or even do there own gig here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thats what im happy about would love if they came with Blink to the O2 or even do there own gig here

Ya think I'd be more happy with QotSA, but with that being obviousl a long time ago, the element of surprise for Weezer has me dancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

This (Yet AGAIN:rolleyes:) gets my hopes Up for an Irish LIMP BIZKIT Gig..

Unavailable for Slane cos their playing Leeds on the Saturday but a Warm-up Mid Week Gig would make my Day ..

Pleeaasseeee Someone Make It Happen and I will Thank You Forever:D

This (Yet AGAIN:rolleyes:) gets my hopes Up for an Irish LIMP BIZKIT Gig..

Unavailable for Slane cos their playing Leeds on the Saturday but a Warm-up Mid Week Gig would make my Day ..

Pleeaasseeee Someone Make It Happen and I will Thank You Forever:D

Yea would hope LB stop over here finally got to see them at Rock Im Park last year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Supposedly, Libertines are getting 1.5 million pounds for it.

I'll bet anybody 1.5 million pounds that they aren't going to make it as far as the stage.

Indeed. If the subs are getting 1.5 million, Arcade Fire must be swimming in solid gold accordions by now.

It's curious though, I can't help feeling like there's been far less excitement about the Libs reunion than was probably hoped for. Not quite soon enough, or long enough, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

anybody that has gone before know whats the best way to get tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I went through seetickets before but they emailed me saying that my order got messed up, so i bought from a secondary site... Then see tickets sent me a bill for my ticket as well as my original ticket.

Its all too risky I think. If I didnt know somebody who needed a ticket I was down over 300 quid! Great festival mind

Mr.S wrote: »
    I doubt Arcade Fire got payed as much as The Libertines (if that 1.5m figure is even correct).

FR probally have Libertines as a UK/European exclusive aswell. Guessing they just stuck Arcade Fire as full headliners incase Libertines don't show up and they're stuck without a headliner!

You're probably right but.... as far as I know, Arcade Fire haven't booked any festival dates this year lower than a headlining slot. They're playing a very selected number of festival dates to finance their own tour later on in the year, so they're going where the bucks are. Reading/ Leeds are going to be the only UK fest dates they play this year. EDIT: Out of interest, the Guardian article about the Libertines.

NTMK - Keep trying Ticketmaster if you haven't been sorted yet, I'm told they've released a batch or two after the intial sellout and will probably do so a few more times.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yea would hope LB stop over here finally got to see them at Rock Im Park last year
    Sooo Lucky..Looks Great on Youtube:pac:..Their Quite Low Down on this Bill..OK their Not what they were Years Back but the Upside is them hopefully playing a Small Venue here if it Happens..

If not may finally get to head over to Reading..always remember buying Kerrang and Staring in Awe at the Line-Up year after year..they always manage to come up with lots that would make ya kill to be there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

well lads, what do you think are the chances of getting tickets in about a weeks time, need to talk it over with some friends at the weekend, and do any of ye know if any rumors regarding libertines gig over here, im holding out for oxegen but im not too hoprful on them playing there, any info is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Glad I got my ticket last night, I reckon this will sell out in a few days

Although I have to say that I paid £90 just for GNR at the moment...I've heard rumours of Alice In Chains on the Leeds Sunday (Reading Friday) but I'm a little pissed LB didn't perform the same day as Guns N Roses

I'm curious to watch NOFX because of their history though

Sooo Lucky..Looks Great on Youtube:pac:..Their Quite Low Down on this Bill..OK their Not what they were Years Back but the Upside is them hopefully playing a Small Venue here if it Happens..

If not may finally get to head over to Reading..always remember buying Kerrang and Staring in Awe at the Line-Up year after year..they always manage to come up with lots that would make ya kill to be there:)

Yea i nearly got to high 5 Fred because he came into the crowd at the barrier between the pit and rest of the crowd. There unreal live surprised they are so low down would have thought they were bigger then Cypress Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I'm not the biggest rock fan but must say that is pretty good line-up.
    Especially liking that NME stage. Yeasayer & Delphic are two of my favourite bands at the moment. Hopefully they'll be added to Electric Picnic, a lot of the others on that stage are playing EP this year.

What's story with it being Reading & Leeds. Do all bands play both on different days?

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I'm not the biggest rock fan but must say that is pretty good line-up.
    Especially liking that NME stage. Yeasayer & Delphic are two of my favourite bands at the moment. Hopefully they'll be added to Electric Picnic, a lot of the others on that stage are playing EP this year.

What's story with it being Reading & Leeds. Do all bands play both on different days?
    yep, bit like oxegen and t in the park

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Won't be much of a reunion if it was only motivated by money ...

Short of parole conditions or something, I can't really see any other reason, tbh.

• Advertisement

Got a ticket for Leeds:) return flights for 80quid, nice:)

sweet, how much is it costing overall, ticket, travel etc;

meh not bad at all, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

is reading sold out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

df1985 wrote: »
    is reading sold out already?

apparently so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Just got my ticket for the Saturday in Reading. Sold out on Ticketmaster, had to resort to Get Me In, good service but pricey. I ended up paying €180, but I don't care, I get to see The Libertines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

You payed 180euro for a day ticket!?

The ticket was only €130, the rest was fees, its steep I know.

The ticket was only €130, the rest was fees, its steep I know.

Wow you could go to a european festival for that price

for 20euro more he could have got a 3 day ticket for Reading/Leeds :eek:

Ha didnt no that

limp bizkit are epic,
    Arcade fire suck dick. if anyone shoul be headling friday, i should the Cribs.

*Facepalm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Were The Libertines big enough to headline this festival first time round? Seriously doubt it

Advertisement