Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading And Leeds 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I bought a "weekend" ticket for Leeds. I am not sure if this includes camping as well though? Would it have to mention camping too on the ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Playing the Lock Up Stage at Reading on the Friday and Leeds on the Sunday will be Alkaline Trio, Sick of it All, Against Me!, Hatebreed, Streetlight Manifesto, Strike Anywhere, This Is Hell, Static Thought, Civet, The Skints, Crazy Arm, and Blood or Whiskey.

The Lock Up on Saturday at Reading and Friday at Leeds will play host to Bad Religion, The Get Up Kids, Cancer Bats, Zebrahead, Crime In Stereo, RX Bandits, Trash Talk, Paint It Black, Off With Their Heads, and Moral Dilemma.

So the lock up stage was announced last night. Can't wait for Alkaline Trio & Bad Religion. I'm working the festival so I have to make sure to get those times free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Ah crap.....I'm only going on the Sunday in Leeds (Officially called Guns N Roses Appreciation Day...really would have loved to see Bad Religion, such a shame)

However, I do want to check out A Day To Remember, No FX and Young Guns, as well as Alkaline Trio, Sick Of It All, Against Me, Hatebreed, Crazy Arm and Blood/Whiskey

And I really want to see Static Thought!

So I'll be quite happy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

working this, heard its a bit mental (leeds) any views?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

i know lads that have worked R&L before and theyve all said leeds isnt as mental(Hard work for them) as reading and most would rank it below oxegen for trouble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Im going to this.. explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Just wondering if anyone has received their tickets in the post from ticketmaster yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Anybody going over for just the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

who are you working with?
    I'm working as a CAT with hotbox events again this year, should be pretty awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

is seetickets safe lads? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah its one of the prime ticket companies in UK (imagine....competition:eek:). Although you will most likely have to collect tickets at venue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Dermo wrote: »
    who are you working with?
    I'm working as a CAT with hotbox events again this year, should be pretty awesome.

im doin most the fest rep gigs, working either ticketing manager or manage a wheelbarrow company, not alot of time to party sadly, I heard from a few sources that all hell breaks loose at end of leeds fires and such, a few years back security were all radioed to remove hi vis and crowds were trottling them all

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jiminynuggets

read the ****ing rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

yeah we went to leeds in 02 for gnr think it was held in temple newsam park(sp) no problem at all before and during the gig but after the gig people started wreckin the place,fires and jacks being tuned over etc.. i think it may be moved to a diff venue this year and im sure the event companies have learned from their mistakes etc.. Saying all that if i had the money i would deffo be goin this year for GNR

I would hope that as long as GNR behave themselves it should be a good festival

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Anyone watching the BBC coverage?

Couldn't believe the crowd Mumford & Sons got. There's something about that band that just doesn't ring true for me. Decent set, but the crowd response seemed weirdly disproportionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Anyone watching the BBC coverage?

Couldn't believe the crowd Mumford & Sons got. There's something about that band that just doesn't ring true for me. Decent set, but the crowd response seemed weirdly disproportionate.
    Just tuned in and no G n'R so feck Ginger Spice and his O2 show couldnt be arsed anyways hes not playing my fave song on this tour..
    (Moneys too tight to Mention)

..the jury is out on Mumford and Sons for me ..but did do a great set at Oxegen and also recorded their set from T also from the beeb i think..and the crowd were going crazy..BRILL set:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

yeah we went to leeds in 02 for gnr think it was held in temple newsam park(sp) no problem at all before and during the gig but after the gig people started wreckin the place,fires and jacks being tuned over etc.. i think it may be moved to a diff venue this year and im sure the event companies have learned from their mistakes etc.. Saying all that if i had the money i would deffo be goin this year for GNR

I was at Leeds as well. Place was like Beirut on the last night. Unreal lineup that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,989 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well the festival organisers weren't messing when they said the power would be cut if GNR went on late and went past the curfew.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the festival organisers weren't messing when they said the power would be cut if GNR went on late and went past the curfew.

As a Guns N' Roses fan I taught their behaviour last night was appalling, and that their choice not to show any of their performance was a huge mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,989 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As a Guns N' Roses fan I taught their behaviour last night was appalling, and that their choice not to show any of their performance was a huge mistake

Ya it would have been brilliant publicity for the band. And anyone here hoping to see them at Leeds will be dissapointed as I've seen YouTube footage of axl and the band being on stage at the end saying with help from a megaphone " we will NOT be at Leeds."

GNR looks to have been a right trainwreck, by all accounts yeah. Axl apparently left the stage for "costume changes"?!

I'm told the Libertines got a huge crowd and were terrible, but I'll see for myself on BBC tonight, I suppose.

Arcade Fire are on tonight too, which is the one I've been looking forward to. Conversely, I heard they got a relatively small crowd and put on a fantastic show. Much the same as Oxegen, I suppose.

I absolutely do not understand the appeal of the Libertines. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I absolutely do not understand the appeal of the Libertines. At all.

I've never really been into them, but I saw the first half of their set on BBC3 and they were pretty good. Arcade Fire were excellent.

The Libertines just seem so rudimentary to me. They're fine, but seem to me to just be a bogstandard bedsit band that have been all but canonised for reasons far removed from their music. As far as I can see, it all seems to come down to some bizarre junkie romanticism that swirls around Pete Doherty.

I mean, I'm not a fan of Kaiser Chiefs or Kasabian or whoever, but I cannot deny that they put on a decent set at a festival. The same, I fear, cannot be said for The Libertines. I just can't believe that mess and his ex-mates got a million pounds for that show.

As for Arcade Fire, they were great, but there was something very wrong with the sound, right the way through. The mixing was well off and that's not something that would normally even register with me - half the instruments were missing, and the vocals vanished for Sprawl II completely at one point. I suspect they had instrument bother too, the piano was making some sort of weird delay - Win just gave up on it at one point, and climbed up to dance on it, which I thought was pretty funny. I think they could have done with breaking up the downtempo stuff with some rockers a bit more, too, but I think the encore more than made up for it.

Anybody worth seeing tomorrow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

some of the arcade fire songs were off :S

blink 182 looked like they put on a good show in leeds last night , i hope they show some coverage of them tonight :)

shot of blink from the sound tower

153019187.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1283103948&Signature=iA%2BQWnufGZb9Dqt47mLv%2B5FF4WU%3D

and forgot to add, i absolutely hate g'n'r for the way they go on !!!!! and hour and a half late ??its that muppet axel thinking he's rock and roll , throwing his tantrums etc . . . lets hope he doesnt come on late for his o2 gig on wednesday , the o2 cur view is 11 , any later than thats it by by some gnr fans

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

A V A wrote: »
    and forgot to add, i absolutely hate g'n'r for the way they go on !!!!! and hour and a half late ??its that muppet axel thinking he's rock and roll , throwing his tantrums etc . . . lets hope he doesnt come on late for his o2 gig on wednesday , the o2 cur view is 11 , any later than thats it by by some gnr fans

ahhhhh stop will ya !!!!

Why?

Rose acted like the complete clown he is, and blamed everybody else for how stupid it made him look. If he was able to back up his attitude with anything at all, then it would be different, but at this stage, he's made a joke of himself and anybody who continues to support or defend him.

F*ck that guy, seriously. He's done, and it was all his own doing.

• Advertisement

ahhhhh stop will ya !!!!

why should i , he's a clown for acting like that !!

Advertisement