Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Area with hexagonal hut which will be slated

Options
  • 29-03-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I am looking to create a BBQ in my garden. I have a large space available and was planning on

- Wide Area which will be paved which will have some garden seating areas

- Thinking also then of a wide hexagonal type BBQ hse./hut which will seat a number of people inside (using wide benches, shelving option and then good solid table with couple chairs)

- Maybe also considering this to have heating somewhere inside or through roof. I would like this to be nicely roofed maybe in good quality slates like my house

The ideas is to create nice spacious area to sit inside especially when catering big crowd, option to sit inside and for some people to sit outside too.

I am looking for some PHOTO's if anyone knows where I can download some to work more on my idea. Or if anyone knows of anyone's work or a good website which cater for these garden area, I would love to read more and see some photo's before going ahead with it....

Hope I am making some sense, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was one on display in the Pavilions shopping centre in Swords a few years ago. Not sure if it was this company but the one on the bottom right looks like the one I was in LINK

It was surprisingly roomy inside too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭wewantchilly

have designed and built something similar to this at a buddhist temple in meath, will try to find a photo of it for you,wasn't hexagonal but circular, could fit 8people and a bbq unit with space leftover.
    in the meantime, if you want to upload a pic or two of the allocated space, i can see what might fit for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sparky100

Thanks for that link dizzyblonde. Look somewhat along lines of what I'm thinking

'Wewantchilly' that would be great if you could find pic and yeah I will try upload pic of area alright.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭wewantchilly

just loooked at the link left by an earlier poster, are you building an enclosed bbq unit, or an open unit with pillars and a roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sparky100

yes was thinking of enclosed unit, which would have windows and french types doors to open out and down on to a wide patio area... thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement