Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alloy wheel repair

Options
  • 29-03-2010 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I walloped my alloy off a kerb and gave it some severe scraping. In some places the scrapes are very deep. Martin's Tyres in Lifford said they fix alloys but when I got there they couldn't do much, maybe buff it but it would still be obvious. Is there anywhere else I could go? The nearest place I got on Google was in Ballymena.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭md23040

Click Here For Details Of Similair Previous Thread On Boards

There's a place in Quigleys Point but dont know their name. Try ringing CCCP in Carrigans for their details (or CCCP may do) - failing that someone will definately do it in Derry at a good rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I think a few people who do car spraying will repair cosmetic damage to alloys, nearly sure a fella called Paul on the Raphoe to Lifford road repaired an alloy for a friend. I'll find out.

or if it's a standard alloy you might be able to get a "match" from a car breakers. what make and model car is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

md23040 wrote: »
    Click Here For Details Of Similair Previous Thread On Boards

There's a place in Quigleys Point but dont know their name. Try ringing CCCP in Carrigans for their details (or CCCP may do) - failing that someone will definately do it in Derry at a good rate.

CCCP dont do it, The place in quigleys point (if its the same one im thinking off) has been closed for a few years now, its a pity cos they were good....

Eman66, call into the tyre place down the side road that runs from the bottem of the main street to garys pet world, they will send your wheel away its not cheap but its a good job. although its a few years ago since i had it done so i duno if they would still do it.

edit..pearse road tyres their called

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Try the tyre centre in Donegal Town..
    They do alloys and might be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Duster

While on the topic of wheel repair, does anyone know of any person /company locally who might straighten steel wheels ?

These potholes are near impossible to avoid

• Advertisement

Duster wrote: »
    While on the topic of wheel repair, does anyone know of any person /company locally who might straighten steel wheels ?

These potholes are near impossible to avoid

if its not too bad just get out the sledgehammer otherwise just head to a scrapyard and pick up a second hand one it'd be cheaper to get one secondhand i'd imagine, but sorry no i dont know wnayone that'd fix one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Pearse Road tyres have the machine for straightening alloys, so they could probably fix a steel rim.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

There's a paint shop in the Mountain Top that refurbishes alloys - Leslie O'Donnell.

PM if you want the number...

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Don't take a Sledgehammer to it if its an alloy wheel, if its a Steel rim grand.

If it needs straightened then the place between Gary's Pet World and Main Street do that.

If its scratched, it can be filled and painetd by a panel beater or if your a dab hand with a spraycan you probably could do it yourself.. you'll need to pay attention to colour matching but just as important priming and the spraying.

Most of the palces thatt straighten rims only straighten them and it wont come back with the paint or scratched rapaired.

bencollins wrote: »
    <SNIP>

No disrespect to you but read the rules you have had 2 posts and both were advertising this wheel place, if anything your just making peopl enot want to go there by comming on here breaking the rules :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Actully now that i think on it its quite funny that someone from bray is plugging his company in the donegal forum :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gone :)

Advertisement