Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious musicians wanted for punk rock originals band

Options
  • 29-03-2010 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Im looking to form or join a serious but fun punk rock band. serious enough to know it requires dedication and sacrifice, eg. no college getting in the way or used as a 'fallback', and fun meaning exactly that. good craic. currently (as is kinda obvious) i am the only member and im situated in the midlands, but as i said, dedication will have me go anywhere i need to.
    im a guitarist and backup singer so a bassist, guitarist, drummer and singer is required. energy is a priority and a huge level of musicianship and song writing ability is required. jumping around with no mistakes is pretty standard. influences include - fallout boy, all time low, simple plan, green day etc.

to summize. if ur a guy/girl who loves music, has tons of energy on and off stage, has mad ninja playing skillz (and maybe some vocals :D) has a great songwriting ability and likes the punk rock genre this is for you. but please. no n00bs. this is an attempt at forming a serious, professional punk rock band.

PM if ur interested :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Jessies_Guitar

bumpz0r

i guess thats nobody then....

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

are you the songwriter in the band? theres no point sayin u want serious people, you mean u want good musicians rite? f**K being serious for a punk band,you want people who can play fast (+160bpm) and tight also, maybe serious people if u want a flute band but i think punk is supposed to be crazy, rock n roll u know, what do u think? maybe londons calling for ye:)

hmmm. i didnt think about my genres enough. i meant punk rock as in modern stuff. all time low, you me at six, young guns, fallout boy, paramore etc. and i meant serious as in, not afraid of putting in a bit of work to get to the fun bits. the band im in now, while were excellent live, always seem to put music second to college or something similiar. serious enough to put a band first, but complete cocks after that :D
    thanks for helpin me describe wat im after more tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Haymer

defo interested in this, have been in pop punk bands in the past. i can play guitar or bass. pm me with more info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

padz wrote: »
    are you the songwriter in the band? theres no point sayin u want serious people, you mean u want good musicians rite? f**K being serious for a punk band,you want people who can play fast (+160bpm) and tight also, maybe serious people if u want a flute band but i think punk is supposed to be crazy, rock n roll u know, what do u think? maybe londons calling for ye:)

He aint gonna be playin over 160bpm if its all time low and paramore! i think you mean pop punk bai, not punk rock

to be fair to myself, tho i said punk rock which was interpreted as jus punk, i did list the influences as the modern pop punk bands. so there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

cant say Ive ever heard the buzzcocks, damned, pistols, clash etc playing anywhere near 160 bpm ....... common misconception about punk music is that its fast. It isnt, its just powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Haymer

any drummers, singers or bass players out there interested? Fun times guaranteed!!

may aswell bump this one too :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 NvrPntsRnchr

Pm Sent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Flynner64

Hi there, I'm a drummer based in Portlaoise. I'm getting back to playing after a few years retired, and I'd be interested in at least getting together for a jam and see what happens. Although I previously played standard rock, I am into a lot of punk music, old school like Buzzcocks, Pistols, Ramones, as well as my current fav band Green Day. I like Fallout Boy as well, though I'd have to say I haven't heard of the others you mention :-)

PM me if ur interested.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 emsnui

Hey Im a singer looking to be in a band. Im 23 and love to sing. I can also write a bit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keeeeeeitho

Where are you based? What musicians you still lookin for? I'm 20, i can play bass, guitar and drums, I can also do some singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shortyshaz

Hey i'd def be interested I'm a female singer and lyricist. I have a fair bit of material to work from. PM if interested
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 rachel_koeman

hmmm. i didnt think about my genres enough. i meant punk rock as in modern stuff. all time low, you me at six, young guns, fallout boy, paramore etc. and i meant serious as in, not afraid of putting in a bit of work to get to the fun bits. the band im in now, while were excellent live, always seem to put music second to college or something similiar. serious enough to put a band first, but complete cocks after that :D
    thanks for helpin me describe wat im after more tho :)

that stuff is practically pop. punk rock is alot different :)

Advertisement