Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Mira Elite Shower unit

• 29-03-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi,

I've a 4 year old mira elite Shower unit that has stopped working.
    Probably due to the unit casing being cracked and leaking in water.

Anyway, I'm going to buy an identical shower unit and have a go at replacing it myself.
    I'd be a reasonable DIYer, any reason I couldn't do this myself?
    Anything to watch out for?

Thanks,
    Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tranceenigma

Just replaced the same model during the week. My old one was a Mire Elite also, about 10 years old, the mains & plumbing are the same, except the old inlet was the top left, the new one which I bought in B & Q has the plumbing inlet arund the bottom left, nothing major really, only extra qualplex...

The most akward thing is the mounting of the main unit is linig it up where the old one was, but I guess there is no problem drilling threw the tiles..

Turn it on & off yeah go....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

Cheers Masssey.

Just finished it with the help of a friend. Not too bad a job, no drilling or anything required since it was exactly the same model. Most awkward/messy part was getting the silicone around the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

jonathan11 wrote: »
    Most awkward/messy part was getting the silicone around the edge.

Sillicone around the edge of what? Not the shower unit I hope, it's supposed to be left open to allow air flow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Sillicone around the edge of what? Not the shower unit I hope, it's supposed to be left open to allow air flow!

+1
    The last Mira I fitted, there was a deliberate airflow running behind the shower. You didn't seal that up did you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Guys.

Have been fitting mira a few years.

I seal around the shower but do not seal the bottom section.

That way I keep water out and let air in.

ps. it tells you on the instructions not to seal but if your pipe is fed into the back like mine this is an impossability.

• Advertisement
Advertisement