Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese phones

Options
  • 29-03-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been discussed, a search only threw up a few very short ancient threads...

Are these Chinese phones that I see on ebay worth buying at all, or should I just stay clear?

Example 1

Example 2

Would they just be crap??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nexuslad

yea ur best stay away, they wud prob break in about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Quality tends to be abysmal. I'd tend to stay away from them If I were you, and buy a recognised brand such as Nokia/Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

Yeh thats what i thought people might say! Just totally unimpressed with the range available on pay as you go deals, and good brands unlocked are seriously expensive. And i'm never going back to bill pay!

yea your right, i was on bill pay and it was biggest mistake. check out www.phonesonline.ie, they have a massive range of sim free phones or www.fonezonline.ie, they are cheap but wouldnt have as big of a range

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

I have a chinese knock off iPhone. Had it the last few months now and cant complain. Really fantastic phone for a hundred quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

where did ya get yours, and what model?

EDIT: sorry, thought ya just said phone, not iphone.

yea but thats only for basic use

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

Basic use , wifi , gps , java apps,analogue tv tuner(:p) and an fm transmitter built in. Handy for the car. A tad more than basic use ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

I know there's lots of these "knock off" phones in Mainland china.
    Recently I know a good bit people bought some chinese imported phones from commuicate now. for 80euros.
    One of them knew us and they wanted us to install some games for him so i played with it for a while.
    It was a touch screen. 8mp camera, can watch tv3 on it, wifi. No brand name on the phone, and he told us its from communicate now.
    if you have some money and wants a phone for a few months just to play. Not a bad choice. But it wont last long tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

keithg89 wrote: »
    I have a chinese knock off iPhone. Had it the last few months now and cant complain. Really fantastic phone for a hundred quid.

Mate was in china. Got him to pick me a knock off iphone for 30 quid.

Im most likely not going to use it. I just wanted it for shíts and giggles.

• Advertisement

keithg89 wrote: »
    Basic use , wifi , gps , java apps,analogue tv tuner(:p) and an fm transmitter built in. Handy for the car. A tad more than basic use ;)

yea, just wait to u drop it and it smashes to pieces

Advertisement