Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun vise wanted

Options
  • 29-03-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a nice gun vise for odd jobs on my guns ect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

can be bought cheap enough on internet, try ebay

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I use this one..........

tipton.JPG

It holds all my guns without tipping over and has handy cutouts, storing pockets if doing any gunsmithing (screws, bolts, etc). I think they are about $40. A few shops used to stock them (don't know if they still do) but i paid €35 for mine.

If you cannot find one or a simlar one in a local dealers then try The sports man gun centre (England), Cabelas, Sinclairs, Brownells, Midway or Amazon.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Beretta man

Ya that's the one I've been trying to get but can't get it sent to Ireland from states,found one shop in England and they wanted 35 pound just for postage ....

Is this the place? If so ring them. I did only last week and they reduced the shipping charges. If its not them ring them anyway to confirm stock and discuss shipping costs.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Ya that's the place I will ring them tomorrow,thanks for the help....

• Advertisement

Just after thinking for a minute. I'm nearly 100% sure i bought it from Griffni and Hawes in Athy, Kildare. Worth a ring to see if they still stock or sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zaitsev

I bought the Tipton as above from Sean Harding Stakelums Thurles about a year ago, he may still have some in stock.

That could be it zaitsev. I've seen one in a shop only recently and cannot think where it was. Could be Stakelums as it was the last shop i was in.

Got the vise today by post from griffni and only realised now they have charged me 100 euro,rang him back to complain but he said they sell them for 95 euro each.Any one can tell me this sounds like a crazy price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭.243

Got the vise today by post from griffni and only realised now they have charged me 100 euro,rang him back to complain but he said they sell them for 95 euro each.Any one can tell me this sounds like a crazy price

how did you come to realise they charged you 100 euro,did you not agree on the price in the first place before parting with your money

• Advertisement

I thought I was buying the tipton best gun vise which is the next model up.When I opened the box it's the basic tipton model that is selling for 40 euro max

I thought I was buying the tipton best gun vise which is the next model up.When I opened the box it's the basic tipton model that is selling for 40 euro max
    where are they selling the basic for 40 euro ???

Jeffers and cork shooting centre and as you can see one of the lads from here paid 35 euro in the same shop as I have paid 100 for...

so you knew these shops were apperently selling them cheaper yet you choose to part with more cash(considering sportsman guncentre in england for 43 on special offer stirling plus 20-25 for postage) and the one pictured above is the standard vise

So what's the question mate I don't get where your coming from???
    Ezridax paid 35 euro for the vice above I was given a price of a hundred euro for a tipton vice so I said is it the vice with the sliding butt clamp he said yes so I thought ya I don't mind spending extra 60 or 70 euro to get the next model up.
    If your working for the shop why don't you give me a buz now instead of Friday as I said on the phone I just think you got the prices mixed up on the two,just a honest mistake..

aren't you forgeting about the carraige cost that was included in the price to send it to you,
    so when you remove that from the item it does bring it down nearer to half way of ezridax price which would be closer to price i quoted to you in stirling,

so if you do know where they were going cheap even if it was the better one and its a good bargain so tell us all,

but please dont go whinging that you got out done out of your wallet when you didn't do any research because you took it on someones say so,

oh by the way you now know it being the wrong one of course i presume you will be posting it back for a refund

ezridax wrote: »
    ........... A few shops used to stock them (don't know if they still do) but i paid €35 for mine..........

Just after thinking for a minute. I'm nearly 100% sure i bought it from Griffni and Hawes
    I've seen one in a shop only recently and cannot think where it was

Lads, calm down. I couldn't even remember where i bought it so there is a good chance i got the price wrong. I know i didn't pay alot for it, but it could be a little more than €35. That plus the fact that i have mine for some years now (ie. inflation).

If its what you want great, if you feel you got stung ring them up, if you're happy with the whole transaction leave it be.

No need to argue..........................why can't we all just...................get along?;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

My advice is return it for a refund as it is not the product you wanted and were lead to believe it was

Then buy the one you want from someone else

Job done.
    A lot of hassle ringing and posting, yes, but at least you will have what you want for a price you were willing to pay

Ok thanks lads at the end of the day it's my own fault to buy somthing over the phone by just describing it.
    Maybe a lesson for everyone to make sure you see a picture of it before you buy somthing that's what's great about fourms like this we can all Learn from other peoples mistakes

Advertisement