Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aero bars

• 29-03-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Anyone any tips on fitting aero bars....I didn't realise there were quite so many variables on them.

thx :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

yup theres a few of them alrite

Orange-Aero-bars.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

From what I recall, the key points for "part time" aerobars (i.e. not full TT setup) are:

- Don't change your saddle position unless you plan to train in that position a lot.

- Have the bars positioned so you don't move your torso (only your arms) when moving from the drops to the aerobars.

- Try and get the pads close to your elbows.

- Don't feel that you have to go too narrow.

- Ensure that your forearms are level or running down slightly to your wrists.

- Post some pictures so we can check out your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Joff

I would add; stick the bike on a turbo trainer and make sure you're comfortable, if not adjust them until you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I had to play around with mine quite a bit to get them right, but when you do they are uber comfy. Very difficult to use on rollers though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Lumen wrote: »
    - Don't change your saddle position unless you plan to train in that position a lot.
    I ride the aerobars by preference so I've adjusted my saddle to suit. I do find I tend to slide forwards at high cadence though.
    Ensure that your forearms are level or running down slightly to your wrists.
    I tried the sloping down thing and lasted about 10 min before I stopped to level them again...

I'm running a Profile Century which is very adjustable on the pads but not at all on the bar. It's a bit short for me with my current stem. It also sits quite high (the aerobars mount above the handlebars and the pads are above them). The Profile Airstryke for twice the price mounts below the handlebars so gives you a much lower position on the pads. It also has flip up pads to clear the tops for climbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

E@gle. wrote: »
    yup theres a few of them alrite

Orange-Aero-bars.jpg

image.php?productid=17830

forgot this one !

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I'm running a Profile Century which is very adjustable on the pads but not at all on the bar. It's a bit short for me with my current stem. It also sits quite high (the aerobars mount above the handlebars and the pads are above them)

I am too, the angle of the bar is variable. Unless it's a given that it's always completely horizontal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Oh yeah, I meant length adjustable. Only way to adjust length is to change the stem. Angle adjust moves the pads as well as the bar though.

Advertisement