Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Data Overcharging.. Again (€587)

Options
  • 29-03-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

moved to Bill Pay lite €10 back in december, got the 250mb data add on.

Was overcharged by €70 in january. they basically charged me for data usage thinking I didn't have an add on, while all other data was free due to the add on. However they managed to charge the data and a ridiculous price per KB, not the 2c mentioned. Most money was refunded so all good. It took about 4 calls and 3 different refunds, one of which didn't go through which I only realised after getting my bill the other day, and for all the hassle, it just wasn't worth going through even more for €15 that I was meant to get 2 months ago.

Now however things are different. Their system seems to think I managed to use about an extra 200MB over my 250MB limit. The system split this usage up into a number of different blocks. All the usage seems to have happened yesterday and today, but again they seem to have charged me way over the standard overcharge rate. CS told me the rate was 2c per MB for those who had a bundle. Each 32638KB was charged at just over €128, which is not the 64c that should have been charged for the rate for those in the bundle, and also not the €6.53 for those who aren't, if the system had messed that bit up as well. The total extra charge is just over €587.

I'm well up to speed on computers, mobile phones, data usage etc etc. I know for a fact my phone didn't use this data and meteor are in the wrong, probably the system. I have spoken to them and am getting a call back tomorrow about it. It's going to be a long hard struggle to get this fixed, as they are already asking me can I prove I didn't use it. I think the whole innocent until proven guilty pretty much covers that to some extent.

Anyone else had/have any similar experiences with them or suggestions? Their data and charging system seems royally f*cked if you ask me. I might go down to a store tomorrow to talk to someone face to face, even though they can't actually do anything and still have to ring CS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

I don't know much about Meteor but AFAIK the rate is 2c per Kb not Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Domscard wrote: »
    I don't know much about Meteor but AFAIK the rate is 2c per Kb not Mb.

ye I'm well aware that all they have ever advertised is 2c per KB outside of bundles, even on their data plan page on their website. However the CS representative was adamant it was per MB and not KB, as this encouraged people to go for the bundles. I'm still not convinced this is correct, hence why I put up both figures (total price if it was per MB or KB) for the data I allegedly used. Cheers for helping confirm though.

There have been a few posts/threads recently about large data charges from Meteor. From what I've read, it appears that there may be some issues with particular phones and certain greedy apps, which connect to the internet and incur some mighty big charges. What type of phone have you got? One app that I've seen mentioned is Oki Maps, which seems to gobble up data even when just opening it. Were you perhaps roaming when the data charges were incurred?

Just to confirm - that Meteor CS person must be wrong. Check this out - clearly states that data outside of your allowance is charged at 2c per Kb. It would be extremely generous indeed if it was per Mb!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

There have been a few posts/threads recently about large data charges from Meteor. From what I've read, it appears that there may be some issues with particular phones and certain greedy apps, which connect to the internet and incur some mighty big charges. What type of phone have you got? One app that I've seen mentioned is Oki Maps, which seems to gobble up data even when just opening it. Were you perhaps roaming when the data charges were incurred?
    Those recent issues are likely due to the fact the data bundle didn't apply properly to the account so out of bundle charging occurred immediately.

In this case they have calculated the charges and have confirmed you have exceeded your data allowance by 200 MB then that additional 200 MB is charged at 2c per KB (not MB).

As suggested a lot of modern smartphones have a lot of applications running in the background which can consume quite a bit of data without you knowing.

They will have full records of times and dates where your phone has made a connection to the internet and they can even tell you how much data was used in each session.

There's not a lot you can do in this situation. They will more than likely be able to prove that the data was used and that the charges are correct. The only advice I can give is make them aware that you were not informed of the out of bundle data charging rates and ask them to review the call where the CS rep informed you the out of bundle charging was per MB. This may result in another refund or at least a partial refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    Those recent issues are likely due to the fact the data bundle didn't apply properly to the account so out of bundle charging occurred immediately.

In this case they have calculated the charges and have confirmed you have exceeded your data allowance by 200 MB then that additional 200 MB is charged at 2c per KB (not MB).

As suggested a lot of modern smartphones have a lot of applications running in the background which can consume quite a bit of data without you knowing.

They will have full records of times and dates where your phone has made a connection to the internet and they can even tell you how much data was used in each session.

There's not a lot you can do in this situation. They will more than likely be able to prove that the data was used and that the charges are correct. The only advice I can give is make them aware that you were not informed of the out of bundle data charging rates and ask them to review the call where the CS rep informed you the out of bundle charging was per MB. This may result in another refund or at least a partial refund.

It's 2c per MB on the broadband accounts (ie Broadband To Go). Definitely 2c per kb on phone tariffs.

What phone are you using? Might be worth your while to go onto the unlimited one. From experience, I've never seen any problems with data cost calculating, just issues with add ons applying.

Maybe a few of you missed this bit
    alexlyons wrote: »
    I know for a fact my phone didn't use this data

I should probably also have said that it is a factory unlocked iPhone, not jailbroken, and I change the data settings by one character when I am not deliberately using the data, to prevent app's from connecting without my knowledge. There are no app's on the phone that can connect without me telling them to and download that amount of data. Thanks for the thought

See above, but also, I was looking at my bill online and that was when I noticed the claimed usage, the times are there and each amount is identical. No phone, and especially not mine as I have to tell it what to download, could connect and download the exact same amount of data 5 times in a row. There were 2 other usages, one within a few KB to the blocks and another a bit smaller, probably my own usage which I was charged for at the ridiculous rate due to them thinking I had exceeded my allowance. I shouldn't have to prove I didn't use it, they should have to prove I did, remember, they have already been wrong with something similar before. Appreciate the input
    chrislad wrote: »
    It's 2c per MB on the broadband accounts (ie Broadband To Go). Definitely 2c per kb on phone tariffs.

What phone are you using? Might be worth your while to go onto the unlimited one. From experience, I've never seen any problems with data cost calculating, just issues with add ons applying.

I was thinking of going on to the unlimited for the past week or two but I just don't think its worth the extra €10. The allowance for the unlimited (which seems ridiculous but I understand why they have it) is 10GB and I reckon if I really wanted to push myself on using the phone I might use 500MB every few months, don't think its worth it atm.

Thanks all for the thoughts. However I would say again, my phone did not use this data confirmed above. So ideas that a rogue app inadvertently connected without me knowing is simply not possible. I've decided to go down to a store and get them to look at it all. Thanks again.

No phone, and especially not mine as I have to tell it what to download, could connect and download the exact same amount of data 5 times in a row. There were 2 other usages, one within a few KB to the blocks and another a bit smaller, probably my own usage which I was charged for at the ridiculous rate due to them thinking I had exceeded my allowance. I shouldn't have to prove I didn't use it, they should have to prove I did, remember, they have already been wrong with something similar before. Appreciate the input
    I understand that you viewed your bill and it shows the exact same amount of data being used over and over however this is the way the Meteor system displays data charges. Say you were to go online and download one 250 MB file in one go it wouldn't display a charge for 250 MB instead it would show a series of smaller charges all of the same amount.

For example:

21500 KB
    21500 KB
    21500 KB
    21500 KB
    21500 KB

If the amount you download is evenly divisible by the number (can't remember what it is off the top of my head) but say for this example it's 21500 KB then you will just see a series of these charges which when added together total the amount you used. If it's not evenly divisible by the number then you will see a series of these charges plus another charge of a differing amount which is the remainder.

This is simply the billing system and how it displays data. As I mentioned earlier Meteor will be able to calculate these charges on their side using different systems and will be able to prove that you exceeded your data allowance. Your only issue here is the fact CS advised you of the wrong out of bundle rate.

Your only issue here is the fact CS advised you of the wrong out of bundle rate.

No, my only issue here is I definitely didn't use the data.

Here is a screen shot of my phone today. I reset my data counter every few days for numerous reasons but i won't be reseting it until this is solved. There was actually other usage similar to that mentioned before that I didn't notice until now, as it was just eating away at my data allowance and not actually charging me.
    As you can see, that is very little data usage, I don't use my phone for much stuff, as I am almost always at a computer, if I' not at a computer, I'm driving so I can't use my phone or I'm on a boat where using my phone would get it destroyed.

web.jpg?ver=12699630080001

That's from 26/03/10. What's your billing date? because that's when the data charging starts from.

That screenshot shows data charging on the handset which they will advise you proves nothing. You can check MyMeteor, send off a text 50104 or call CS to get an estimate of how much data you have used. Your using a 3rd party application on the handset which has no access to your charging profile on the Meteor network.

I'm not trying to upset you or anything but they will be able to calculate all charges on their side. They will be able to give you the date and time of each data connection. These connections only occur when your number makes a data request to the network. They will be able to break it down for you and show you on what date you exceeded your 250 MB. They will also be able to tell you how much you exceeded it by.

I have worked for Meteor in the past and have seen cases like this many times. I can see your point of view and to be honest you should be entitled to a refund considering you were given incorrect information regarding out of bundle charging rates. Also, I believe they have some sort of data bill shock procedure where they offer to pay half the data charges if someone racks up such a data charge without realizing. However, it's pointless arguing with them because they will be able to prove that the data was used from your number.

Your best off approaching this by asking them to explain the charges and for them to prove to you that you did exceed the allocation. They will no doubt try to explain everything I've just mentioned. Then you should complain about the service you received regarding the previous charging issue you had and that a member of CS has informed you the out of bundle rates are per MB and not per KB as it actually is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rushdie

Same thing happened to me last month, I am using the 250mb cap as well left an app on my iPhone open one night and it downloaded 700mb in a few hours some how, the bill came to €2341 ex vat for data alone. Rang Meteor and the girl said i would only be charged €50 + vat for the excess charges as a new european law had come into force which meant that the could not charge me more than the €50 + vat. :D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/new-eu-rules-to-regulate-mobile-phone-internet-bills-448190.html

That's from 26/03/10. What's your billing date? because that's when the data charging starts from. That screenshot shows data charging on the handset which they will advise you proves nothing. You can check MyMeteor, send off a text 50104 or call CS to get an estimate of how much data you have used. Your using a 3rd party application on the handset which has no access to your charging profile on the Meteor network.

my billing date doesn't matter, all the claimed usage happened after that date. Meteor asked me could my handset prove I didn't use the data, so it does mean something, it means a lot actually.

I'm not trying to upset you or anything but they will be able to calculate all charges on their side. They will be able to give you the date and time of each data connection. These connections only occur when your number makes a data request to the network. They will be able to break it down for you and show you on what date you exceeded your 250 MB. They will also be able to tell you how much you exceeded it by.

As I said, I can see on the meteor website exactly when they claim I used it, there is no way I was even using my phone then.
    I have worked for Meteor in the past and have seen cases like this many times. I can see your point of view and to be honest you should be entitled to a refund considering you were given incorrect information regarding out of bundle charging rates. Also, I believe they have some sort of data bill shock procedure where they offer to pay half the data charges if someone racks up such a data charge without realizing. However, it's pointless arguing with them because they will be able to prove that the data was used from your number.

Your best off approaching this by asking them to explain the charges and for them to prove to you that you did exceed the allocation. They will no doubt try to explain everything I've just mentioned. Then you should complain about the service you received regarding the previous charging issue you had and that a member of CS has informed you the out of bundle rates are per MB and not per KB as it actually is.

They cap the data charges at €50, but I didn't exceed the limit so I'm not paying anything. I'm not your typical customer who knows nothing about the way phones and other electronic devices work and how they connect. I am fully aware how it all works and know for a fact how my phone was set up and that there is no way in the world that my phone could have connected at this time, unless it was stolen, someone new my access code, changed the settings and downloaded a load of data and returned my phone to my pocket, which was buried beneath a load of foul weather gear at the time they claimed I used it. It's just not possible.

Why is it that CS can never be wrong with something like this? The only reason they were wrong the last time was because they could blatantly see I was randomly charged, when all other data before and after was free.

Same old Ireland, guilty until proven innocent.

Rushdie wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me last month, I am using the 250mb cap as well left an app on my iPhone open one night and it downloaded 700mb in a few hours some how, the bill came to €2341 ex vat for data alone. Rang Meteor and the girl said i would only be charged €50 + vat for the excess charges as a new european law had come into force which meant that the could not charge me more than the €50 + vat. :D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/new-eu-rules-to-regulate-mobile-phone-internet-bills-448190.html

ye i just mentioned that, after you posted. However as I've said, my settings are changed each and every time I use the phone, so It cant have downloaded that without me using it, which as I said was while I was working in foul weather gear.

my billing date doesn't matter, all the claimed usage happened after that date. Meteor asked me could my handset prove I didn't use the data, so it does mean something, it means a lot actually.

As I said, I can see on the meteor website exactly when they claim I used it, there is no way I was even using my phone then.

They cap the data charges at €50, but I didn't exceed the limit so I'm not paying anything. I'm not your typical customer who knows nothing about the way phones and other electronic devices work and how they connect. I am fully aware how it all works and know for a fact how my phone was set up and that there is no way in the world that my phone could have connected at this time, unless it was stolen, someone new my access code, changed the settings and downloaded a load of data and returned my phone to my pocket, which was buried beneath a load of foul weather gear at the time they claimed I used it. It's just not possible.

Why is it that CS can never be wrong with something like this? The only reason they were wrong the last time was because they could blatantly see I was randomly charged, when all other data before and after was free.

Same old Ireland, guilty until proven innocent.
    It's not CS that would be wrong it's the system. The same system that is responsible for charging 1 million plus customers. If the charging for one customer is wrong charging for all customers is wrong. If Meteor are so much as 1c out regarding charging they are forced by law to issue a refund and contact all customers to inform them there was a problem with charging and that the credit has been applied to their account.

You state that you had a charging issue before but that was due to the fact you hadn't been opted in for a data bundle on their system. If the system see's you don't have a data bundle then it will jump straight to out of bundle charging of 2c per KB. In this case you have confirmed CS have checked your usage and that you used 250 MB plus 200 MB (over your allocation).

I understand phones and technology too having worked in the industry for the best part of a decade and also developing applications for different mobile operating systems. The charging system will only realise you exist when you make a request to it. That's initiating a call, sending an SMS or opening a data connection.

Your right, the max you will get charged now is €50 due to the new data bill shock process.

It's not CS that would be wrong it's the system. The same system that is responsible for charging 1 million plus customers. If the charging for one customer is wrong charging for all customers is wrong. If Meteor are so much as 1c out regarding charging they are forced by law to issue a refund and contact all customers to inform them there was a problem with charging and that the credit has been applied to their account.

You state that you had a charging issue before but that was due to the fact you hadn't been opted in for a data bundle on their system. If the system see's you don't have a data bundle then it will jump straight to out of bundle charging of 2c per KB. In this case you have confirmed CS have checked your usage and that you used 250 MB plus 200 MB (over your allocation).

I understand phones and technology too having worked in the industry for the best part of a decade and also developing applications for different mobile operating systems. The charging system will only realise you exist when you make a request to it. That's initiating a call, sending an SMS or opening a data connection.

Your right, the max you will get charged now is €50 due to the new data bill shock process.

Ok maybe I worded that slightly wrong, "why can't CS ever admit the system could be wrong? Leaving aside the fact that I didn't actually use the data, let's just say I did. The system still got the actual calculation of the price incredibly wrong, whether it thought I was on the 3G broadband to go, or on a data add on, it was wrong on both accounts, so the system is fundamentally flawed which leaves an infinitely large gap for other flaws and errors, such as this one where it thinks I used data.

I'm not sure why you insist I have used the data when I have proved and given plenty of "evidence" to show that there is no way I could have.

I understand that you viewed your bill and it shows the exact same amount of data being used over and over however this is the way the Meteor system displays data charges. Say you were to go online and download one 250 MB file in one go it wouldn't display a charge for 250 MB instead it would show a series of smaller charges all of the same amount.

For example:

21500 KB
    21500 KB
    21500 KB
    21500 KB
    21500 KB

If the amount you download is evenly divisible by the number (can't remember what it is off the top of my head) but say for this example it's 21500 KB then you will just see a series of these charges which when added together total the amount you used. If it's not evenly divisible by the number then you will see a series of these charges plus another charge of a differing amount which is the remainder.

This is simply the billing system and how it displays data. As I mentioned earlier Meteor will be able to calculate these charges on their side using different systems and will be able to prove that you exceeded your data allowance. Your only issue here is the fact CS advised you of the wrong out of bundle rate.

Just read that again. The amounts it claimed I downloaded are not any specific number, there are 5 the same, but a system wouldn't choose that random a number to be the number that data must be divisible in order to break it up into blocks.

From 13:16 on 28/3/10 until 13:58 on the same day, there are 7 claimed data usages, at 3 to 4 minute intervals.

32632 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32654 KB

There are no "normal" numbers there, and they don't add up to anything "normal" either. Also, if any of them were the number you speak of, surely you would have been reminded of it from my OP, where there is a very similar number. Admittedly that was from my head at the time as I didn't have the actual figure in front of me

Just read that again. The amounts it claimed I downloaded are not any specific number, there are 5 the same, but a system wouldn't choose that random a number to be the number that data must be divisible in order to break it up into blocks.

From 13:16 on 28/3/10 until 13:58 on the same day, there are 7 claimed data usages, at 3 to 4 minute intervals.

32632 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32654 KB

There are no "normal" numbers there, and they don't add up to anything "normal" either. Also, if any of them were the number you speak of, surely you would have been reminded of it from my OP, where there is a very similar number. Admittedly that was from my head at the time as I didn't have the actual figure in front of me

Thats the way the system works. Meteor changed billing system in August 2009 and since then data charging isn't displayed in one chunk it's broken down into manageable chunks.

32632 KB

This is exactly what it says (it didn't reach the cut off point of 32398 KB).

32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32654 KB

This did reach the cut off point of 32398 KB 5 times with a remainder of 32654 KB (so almost 6 times). The amount used here was 194644 KB which = 190 MB.

I'm not accusing you of lying but I have seen this happen many times in the past and in every situation the customer claims that they haven't used the data. However, upon investigation they have. Whatever the phone did it communicated with the Meteor network and downloaded 190 MB in one session. Perhaps this was an automatic update for one of your applications? But either way Meteor have records of your number making a data request to the network on this date at this time for 190 MB. There is no way you can confirm with 100% certainty that none of your applications connected to the internet at this time. The charging can be a bit difficult to understand as a customer because it's not displayed in the most user friendly way but I've outlined how it works above.

Thats the way the system works. Meteor changed billing system in August 2009 and since then data charging isn't displayed in one chunk it's broken down into manageable chunks.

32632 KB

This is exactly what it says (it didn't reach the cut off point of 32398 KB).

32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32398 KB
    32654 KB

This did reach the cut off point of 32398 KB 5 times with a remainder of 32654 KB (so almost 6 times). The amount used here was 194644 KB which = 190 MB.

I'm not accusing you of lying but I have seen this happen many times in the past and in every situation the customer claims that they haven't used the data. However, upon investigation they have. Whatever the phone did it communicated with the Meteor network and downloaded 190 MB in one session. Perhaps this was an automatic update for one of your applications? But either way Meteor have records of your number making a data request to the network on this date at this time for 190 MB. There is no way you can confirm with 100% certainty that none of your applications connected to the internet at this time. The charging can be a bit difficult to understand as a customer because it's not displayed in the most user friendly way but I've outlined how it works above.

Sorry, I thought 32398 is less than 32654? so that completely destroys that point...

As I said, I am very careful what I let my phone do, the iPhone cannot update automatically, any applications downloaded that need to be updated are done through the App store and any updates over 20MB require a wifi connection. I update all my app's through iTunes as it's quicker and there is no chance of being accidentally connected to 3G. The actual iPhone OS has to be updated through iTunes.

In terms of confirming that none of my applications connect without me knowing: I have already said on numerous occasions, that I change the data settings when I am not using the data. If the settings aren't correct, there is no way at all that the phone can connect, none at all. Now, when I do have the settings corrected to allow a connection, all I do is check my email which only downloads headers, and plain text emails, and no email would be that big, I have all my emails to prove it. I check stocks and the weather occasionally, and very occasionally, and very briefly, if I'm away from a radio, tv and computer for a, long period of time, the news. The longest I have ever had the settings corrected is about ten minutes, and the settings were not corrected during the time they claim I used the data. The iPhone doesn't allow background applications, other than push notifications, which are all turned off on my phone, so I can actually confirm with 100% certainty that my phone didn't connect to the internet.

The charging is not difficult to understand. The dividing it up may be, although that thought doesn't work above at all. The charging is simple. 2c Per KB used over the allowance. I stated in a pervious post, that this was calculated incredibly wrong, so it proves the system is flawed.

I appreciate your only trying to help, but I know for a fact this data wasn't used. I have answered all your queries and your points and from my point of view , they can't prove at all that I used the data. I have proved the system is flawed, I have had a previous experience with the flawed system, albeit a more common one. Your pint about dividing the data up into blocks doesn't work for my case.. I think you get the point :) I really amen't trying to shoot you down or whatever, and I thank you for helping me strengthen my pints.

I do welcome any other thoughts you or others have, just want to put it out there that I'm not trying to make things personal with you, just prove a point.

You can continue to deny it and try your luck with CS but the charges above clearly show that in that one day you used in excess of 200 MB. Not sure how you've proved the system is flawed? If so I'll ring up every time I connect to the internet, make a call, send an SMS etc... and adamantly argue that I couldn't have accrued these charges because my phone is actually locked away in a safe... at the bottom of the ocean... with the automatic updates turned off as many people calling into CS do. If Meteor had such a flawed system they would not be in business.

The system is there to stop these type of ridiculous calls coming into CS or people going into Meteor stores with similar queries. The charges above show the data was used. Meteor can also send the charges off for investigation which may take a few days but again they will come back and say the data was used. They can also retrieve a list of URL's that were connected to but are only allowed to do this now for court cases (due to privacy law). That's the last I'll say on the matter anyway if your not prepared to take advice. As I said before, the charging system only knows you exist when your SIM card makes a request to it.

Aplogies about the above charges by the way. I didn't read them correctly. I can assure you they are correct but they are displayed in a horrible order. Again, if you calculate the charges by adding them together until you reach 250 MB and then calculate the remainder by 0.02 you will get the amount that you used.

You can continue to deny it and try your luck with CS but the charges above clearly show that in that one day you used in excess of 200 MB. Not sure how you've proved the system is flawed? If so I'll ring up every time I connect to the internet, make a call, send an SMS etc... and adamantly deny that I couldn't have accrued these charges because my phone is actually locked away in a safe... at the bottom of the ocean as many people calling into CS do. If Meteor had such a flawed system they would not be in business.

The system is there to stop these type of ridiculous calls coming into CS or people going into Meteor stores with similar queries. The charges above show the data was used. Meteor can also send the charges off for investigation which may take a few days but again they will come back and say the data was used. That's the last I'll say on the matter anyway if your not prepared to take advice. As I said before, the charging system only knows you exist when your SIM card makes a request to it.

Denying implies I know I used the data. I know I didn't use the data. Saying you could ring CS every time you use your phone and claim you didn't is lying. I'm not doing that. I proved the system is flawed when it can't correctly calculate how much I should have been charged. If you read my post above, you'd see that. For example, I "used" x amount of data over my allowance, we'll say 10KB and should have been charged 2c Per KB. That should be 20c. The system didn't charge me 20c, it actually charged me far less than that. The system can't even calculate the price of data whether it was used or not. That is a flawed system and proves it can make drastic mistakes, such as saying I used data when I didn't.
    Aplogies about the above charged by the way. I didn't read them correctly. I can assure you they are correct but they are displayed in a horrible order. Again, if you calculate the charges by adding them together until you reach 250 MB and then calculate the remainder by 0.02 you will get the amount that you used.

they are displayed in the order they were apparently used, according to 2 CS agents. If i calculate the remainder by .02 I get what I should have been charged. That is basically what I was saying above about a flawed system. 32398 @ .02 is 647.96 not 128.5210 as on my bill.

I can take advice, but all you have done is give ways that I could have used the excess data and how meteor calculate said data usage. I have shown how this isn't possible in my case. Yes, anyone can claim their phone was in a safe etc, but I have proved the system is flawed and have prove that meteor said is acceptable by way of a phone counter, but they have yet to actually accept it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement