Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature app references.....

Options
  • 29-03-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

i've applied to do nursing this year as a mature student. got a letter and application form from the Adelaide as it was one of my choices on the CAO form. problem is - it asks for THREE written ref's, from any of the following:

- the principal or vice principal of present or past school

- a minister of religion or chaplain who knows the applicant well

- another person (examples include youth leader or voluntary work supervisor)

- in the case of mature applicants an employer who knows the applicant well

now this is all well and good, however, i finished school over 10 years ago and that was in another country so getting a reference from there is not viable, i havn't been in a church since my 1st holy communion so don't know any preists or chaplains and i don't think a youth leader would consider me a youth, lol!

so what do i do?! i could probably get a decent one from someone in the medical field who would know me quite well (but would this be acceptable?) and could probably get one from a previous employer alright, but i'm totally stumped for a third......

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

What about asking a friend to write a personal character reference? Ideally it's supposed to be someone you don't know on a really personal level, but I'd wonder how closely they actually look into some of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

encore1 wrote: »
    i've applied to do nursing this year as a mature student. got a letter and application form from the Adelaide as it was one of my choices on the CAO form. problem is - it asks for THREE written ref's, from any of the following:

- the principal or vice principal of present or past school

- a minister of religion or chaplain who knows the applicant well

- another person (examples include youth leader or voluntary work supervisor)

- in the case of mature applicants an employer who knows the applicant well

now this is all well and good, however, i finished school over 10 years ago and that was in another country so getting a reference from there is not viable, i havn't been in a church since my 1st holy communion so don't know any preists or chaplains and i don't think a youth leader would consider me a youth, lol!

so what do i do?! i could probably get a decent one from someone in the medical field who would know me quite well (but would this be acceptable?) and could probably get one from a previous employer alright, but i'm totally stumped for a third......

any ideas?

All 3 can be from former employers. It doesn't say 1 from each.

Advertisement