Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out in Blackrock

Options
  • 29-03-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Few of my friends from culchie country are coming up next Saturday for a few drinks and then were gonna head out in Blackrock.

So was wondering where to head in the town?

2 or 3 good pubs and then what nightclub to go to?

Age ranges from 20 - 26 so is there anywhere thats over 21's that the 20 year old might not get in?

Is tonic the nightclub to go to?

I was on its website there and the place seems a bit stuck up

Things like
    tonic wrote:
    This sleek and modern bar is generally full of good looking tanned people

And
    tonic wrote:
    tonic is the place where gorgeous women go and men follow

gives the impression that the place might be a bit too uptight and not much craic.

So opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

draffodx wrote: »
    Is tonic the nightclub to go to?
    I think its the only nightclub in blackrock. Next in the area would be club92 which I expect has very similar reviews or else dun laoghaire or down to dalkey.

I would head to O'Donohoes pub on the main street, haven't been there in ages but used to have live music and was a nice small spot. Tonic is also a pub with a massive beer garden, blackrock is tiny so everything is just a short walk away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

na they are very different, 92 is a bit tinkery now, suite is very nice(club above tonic), i used to go to 92 til it turned into a very young...and imo a quite dodgey crowd. never any trouble in suite and alway had a good night there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Yea Suite 54 can be good fun all right.
    The coctail bar does a damn good mojito

Avoid Conways and Wicked Wolf *shudders*

Tonic is a nice pub as is sheehans, can't vouch for O'Donoghue's at night, although they do nice grub! There's also the breffni which I'm not sure about at all. The avoca is nice too, but a couple of mins walk from the village.

Upstairs in tonic is good to be fair (was just there Friday!) a mix of ages and not stuck up at all imo. Club '92 is a kip!

Go to the central cafe for a bag of chips on the way home. they are scrum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Pretty much what everyone else is saying.

Sheehan's, O'Donoghue's, Tonic, Avoca - best pubs.

54, only nightclub, epicly good. Great crowd, lots of banter.

Might see you around on Saturday. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Might see you around on Saturday. ;)

creep

might see you friday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I didn't go on Saturday, was quiet I heard. But yeah, Friday maybe.

Advertisement