Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.U.P Stand Up Paddle board

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

cornbb wrote: »
    . Its basically a longboard with a paddle.

except generally several feet longer, thicker and way, way heavier. One of those things loose in a line up is potentially lethal. No exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

cornbb wrote: »
    There won't be any lineup in most SUP-using scenarios. They're best in the waves that are too crap/small/fat/mushy for shortboarders, or no waves at all. And I don't think longboarders are liable to complain. Its basically a longboard with a paddle.

Would have to disagree there......... I have seen em out in the line up on relatively good days in a couple of places...... Enniscrone, Doug & Cornish. That is not to say that they aren't used in mush/flat conditions (just I wouldn't be out so wouldn't see them then!!)

Guy in Enniscrone was catching wave at least 20-30m out from the line up......

As for a longboard with a paddle, that is open to interpretation as in how long is a long board......... I'd equate them more to a small boat really.

An acquaintance in the UK have said that they are becoming a "problem" in and around Cornwall. Lots of inexperienced users causing injuries by bailing off waves and letting go of their boards......

But I'm all for em in the line up....... if you can surf them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement