Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black or white?

• 29-03-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Do you think Canon would sell more of their fantastic L quality zoom/ telephoto lenses if they were black rather than white?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

supposedly the white is to reflect the suns energy. But I don't really know about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Well the white marketing approach never done apple any harm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seriously doubt that anyone buying L grade lens will give two hoots about what colour the plastic housing is. i know i don't.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its white to minimise heat being absorbed, causing the casing to warp, distorting the optics, nikon has a lens or 2 in white. i dont think the colour is the deal breakers for people purchasing these L lens tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

green

009475l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

How about they start making white cameras?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Nooooooooo I love the colour of my (one) L lens....... it's more of a gray though and it's pretty distinctive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

Personally Id prefer if they were black, and if both versions were available, I'd definitely go for the less conspicuous black one!

You can get covers for them (see http://www.lenscoat.com/) but they seen to be only available in 'camouflage' type skins for the white lenses which are just as conspicuous in my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd rather mine was black. I don't think we have to worry about the sun warping it in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

White lenes makes people like me, look like a pro:rolleyes: (when I get one that is !!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement