Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 'moan about the Leaving Cert' thread

Options
  • 29-03-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I'm surprised that this hasn't been set up yet, but now it has arrived!
    Moan and groan ye'er best!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I tried to start one, but I was the only one to post a rant and it died after a few comments! Ah well, maybe this one will live longer

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

pfft well you should have told me about that one :P... This one might stay alive though since it is getting closer... I better start anyway.
    p.s don't be afraid of exaggerating ye'er emotionns aswell :P

God damn easter revision classes making me get up early in the morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

A lot of homework, I understand that we need homework to revise and practise what we are doing but sometimes there's way to much of it. Then I don't have any time to study and get a little stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

A lot of homework, I understand that we need homework to revise and practise what we are doing but sometimes there's way to much of it. Then I don't have any time to study and get a little stressed.
    DancingQueen, I love your sig. :pac:

As for me. I'm already moaning about the LC and I'm doing it in 2011. Beat that. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

jumpguy wrote: »

As for me. I'm already moaning about the LC and I'm doing it in 2011. Beat that. :P

I'm a repeat, doing it in 2011 and am moaning about it already. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I haven't been drunk in months:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Stupid LC, ruining our Easter Holidays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

gonna be the ****iest 2 months of my life ahead!!!......**** haviing to study

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

All i've done this easter is study... all im gonna do after is study... fml......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Grr.. My schoolbag is still where I left it when I came home on friday..Lying in my hallway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

The easter holidays are my starting point for serious study. From now till when the leavin is over!

OH JOY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I love the LC :D nothing better than seeing all my school mates on meltdown, freaking out and spontanious bitching that happens....i just breathe slowly and i'm fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It's far too relaxed at home. Just can't sit down and do any work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

theowen wrote: »
    I haven't been drunk in months:(

Every time I go out now, I make a concerted effort to get completely smashed.

I don't get hangovers, so it's working well :D

I can't drink for days if I even sniff cider!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

jumpguy wrote: »

Thank you :) I'm quite the Science lover and you know the way it related to my post and all, quite happy with it myself!
    In other LC news I have done absolutely no homework as of yet but i've studied a bit, spoken a lot of French and Irish and plan on doing a lot more over the next week and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Em, HOW? Jealous. If I were you I'd go out every night of the easter holidays...

Oh God I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of books. I haven't been out since MIDTERM.

I love how fast this thread grew...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

God damn projects :(.... Although at least that will be some of the exam out of the way...
    damn mock orals after easter! I don't know a word of french and havent started studying Irish at all... I won't either :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Seriously people? Monaing about the Leaving Cert?

Is this not the best year ye've ever had? The amount of craic I've had this year is unreal! Ye just need to stop worrying, take a night or two off and go out on the piss, nothing takes your mind off stuff better than going out.

The leaving cert is not hard at all, people just hype it up to be a huge deal, its actually really easy when you think about it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My study fails have rendered me totally devoid of a soul.

Shoot me in the foot, kthnx.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Wow..I never realised how down people are over the Leaving Cert here :eek:

I take it seriously and all but i'd never leave it eat into my social life!

Reillyman wrote: »
    Seriously people? Monaing about the Leaving Cert?

Is this not the best year ye've ever had? The amount of craic I've had this year is unreal! Ye just need to stop worrying, take a night or two off and go out on the piss, nothing takes your mind off stuff better than going out.

The leaving cert is not hard at all, people just hype it up to be a huge deal, its actually really easy when you think about it...
    Somewhat depends on what your aiming for, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

theowen wrote: »
    Somewhat depends on what your aiming for, no?

Not really, and if I remember right your repeating? So surely you know the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

i spend every day thinging about the day i hand up that final paper on the 23rd of june ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cant wait

Reillyman wrote: »
    Not really, and if I remember right your repeating? So surely you know the craic?
    Well, I know it from last year:D But now, repeating in a different school and aiming for medicine, there isn't much time for ze crack!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

I hate the fact we still get so much homework and they expect us to study, but you can't just not go out anymore, we do need and deserve breaks, alcoholic breaks :)

I have done nothing so far over Easter and it is nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

^^ ditto. saw lineup for Electric picnic and i is sad, 240 euros.....:(

has anyone started planning end of year pranks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm a repeat, doing it in 2011 and am moaning about it already. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.
    Huuuh? How's that work out? Have you decided before you've even done the LC in 2010 you're gonna repeat in 2011 or have you taken a gap year? :confused:
    Thank you :) I'm quite the Science lover and you know the way it related to my post and all, quite happy with it myself!
    In other LC news I have done absolutely no homework as of yet but i've studied a bit, spoken a lot of French and Irish and plan on doing a lot more over the next week and a half.
    Ahh love science myself. The sig's just got everything. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

ciano1 wrote: »
    Wow..I never realised how down people are over the Leaving Cert here :eek:

I take it seriously and all but i'd never leave it eat into my social life!
    Exactly.

Seriously, what was stopping anyone going out last Saturday night?? Take the bloody weekend off. You have/had 2 weeks to study/think about studying afterwards. I got pissed and no hangover either. :D

Advertisement