Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 'moan about the Leaving Cert' thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I don't get hangovers, so it's working well :D
    You do, you're just not drinking enough, which isn't a bad thing.:)

On topic: It is stressful at times but if you work consistently and enjoy yourself too you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mark2006

Have not done a tap..
    Orals after easter? Screwed...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Mark2006 wrote: »
    Have not done a tap..

No you're not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Have not done a tap..
    This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

Stupid leaving cert.
    ugh, i can't even think of a better adjective at the moment...
    stupid leaving cert.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I can't wait until we are finished, so we can laugh at all these words

• Mocks
    • Timing
    • Marking Schemes
    • Technique
    • Structure/Plan
    • Coherence
    • Definition
    • Experiment
    • Equation
    • "To be learned off by heart"
    • Orals
    • Tapework
    • Essays
    etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

It's all over in 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Have not done a tap..
    I haven't done French since my Leaving last June and...my orals in three weeks. Yet, I'm optimistic!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

MaggieNF wrote: »
    I hate the fact we still get so much homework and they expect us to study, but you can't just not go out anymore, we do need and deserve breaks, alcoholic breaks :)

Yeah right! I bet you wouldn't go out on an alcoholic break even if a friend begged you to do so. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

I think it's the tiredness that is the hardest part of it all. It's mentally and physically exhausting even thinking about studying, marking schemes, points, college everything.. it's a wonder we've all not gone totally insane yet! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

K4t wrote: »
    You do, you're just not drinking enough, which isn't a bad thing.:)

If only that were true. I wouldn't be able to let myself get so, well let's just say I've had trouble getting home...

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I think it's the tiredness that is the hardest part of it all. It's mentally and physically exhausting even thinking about studying, marking schemes, points, college everything.. it's a wonder we've all not gone totally insane yet! :eek:

Yeh id say if it didnt mean so much it would be much less stressful and probably easier.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Exactly.

Seriously, what was stopping anyone going out last Saturday night?? Take the bloody weekend off. You have/had 2 weeks to study/think about studying afterwards. I got pissed and no hangover either. :D

seem to be doing this too much myself tho!

just seems like im going to do really ****!
    actually have not started studying even though im worried about it but yet i cant get myself to do some studying....

today i should/could have gotten up at 11 an done even an hour or two yet i stayed in bed till 2 watched a film an ate a load of **** now il probably stay on the internet for the next 2 hours get a shower an go to a mates gaf for a few drinks... my god im gonna do ****e:o

summer will be amazing no more tests school rules uniforms teachers....

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Emoran wrote: »
    seem to be doing this too much myself tho!

just seems like im going to do really ****!
    actually have not started studying even though im worried about it but yet i cant get myself to do some studying....

today i should/could have gotten up at 11 an done even an hour or two yet i stayed in bed till 2 watched a film an ate a load of **** now il probably stay on the internet for the next 2 hours get a shower an go to a mates gaf for a few drinks... my god im gonna do ****e:o

summer will be amazing no more tests school rules uniforms teachers....
    just cant wait until that day were you go out of the hall !
    LEAVING CERT IS DONE

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

At da begiinin of da week it started off brill!
    Monday i used my normal school timetable to use as my study plan...but tues..i got up late but i caught up....since wed i kinda havent been doing that great....Im just kinda feel like giving up on da whole thing cos feel as if im going to do s**t in the leaving cos In da mocks i only got 275....

But i should get loads done next week cos im doing a revision course mon-thurs in maths,geog,german,biology.

ayumi wrote: »
    just cant wait until that day were you go out of the hall !
    LEAVING CERT IS DONE
    I remember that. I was expecting some epic feeling and k-razy celebrations, but none of my friends had money so I just went home and watched TV:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

theowen wrote: »
    I remember that. I was expecting some epic feeling and k-razy celebrations, but none of my friends had money so I just went home and watched TV:rolleyes:
    wow that is soooooooo depressing.I couldn't imagine doing that,I plan on getting sooo drunk so i'll forget about the last year!!!!:D

I can imagine being way too tired to even think about going out :P if the mocks are anything to go by...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I finish a few days before my friends so I probably won't be doing much until everyone else finishes too. I might do something with the people who have finished the same day as me but I can't see drink being involved as we'll all be wrecked :p

Yeah that's the annoying thing, I finish quite early, which isn't really a good thing...

I have like 4 days between my last 2 exams, which is technically great but gonna be so annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

zam wrote: »
    Yeah that's the annoying thing, I finish quite early, which isn't really a good thing...

I have like 4 days between my last 2 exams, which is technically great but gonna be so annoying!

I'd almost prefer to have breaks inbetween the exams because all of mine are too close together. I've no days off and two exams most days which is pretty horrible!
    I see what you mean though, you'll be wishing to get it over and done with. I can't wait until it's over either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I have a week before my last exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

zam wrote: »

Trust me, you will be so glad of that break come June.

Just scared I'll get lazy in between my two exams :P

If the mocks taught me anything it's how unbelievably tiring exams are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 slownightsolong

Completely lost routine!
    Last week has been a waste. How do you guys get up early and study?

Completely lost routine!
    Last week has been a waste. How do you guys get up early and study?
    Verry loud alarm clock, mam threatening me on request with water gun, prospect of rice crispies....

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Anyone else just stopped caring? Like for some reason I stopped being serious about the leaving cert. I can't study properly anymore either. Something's seriously gone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Ruski wrote: »
    Anyone else just stopped caring? Like for some reason I stopped being serious about the leaving cert. I can't study properly anymore either. Something's seriously gone wrong.

Your not the only one...i feel the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Ruski wrote: »

kinda new to the Leaving Cert thread but nope you're not alone ahah, in 3rd year I studied every day, now.... well not:P
    I got about 2-2.5 weeks after last exams to really finish my L.C:( spose I can study fort hat subject but still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

all i can say is fúcking bring it on you cúnt.

Advertisement