Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official 'moan about the Leaving Cert' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Completely lost routine!
    Last week has been a waste. How do you guys get up early and study?

Arrange to meet a friend for breakfast/coffee at 7.30 or so. It'll force you both to get up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

zam wrote: »
    Arrange to meet a friend for breakfast/coffee at 7.30 or so. It'll force you both to get up!

but no two 17-18 year old friends are gonna arrange that, that's the problem:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I hate subjects that have extra sections you do beforehand, like the orals in French and Irish.

People always say 'Ohh but you have 25% of the marks before even going into the exam'. But it's not like you need to know 25% less for the actual written exam! You still need to sit down and study 100% of it, just as much as you would if the written exam was there in isolation!

Same applies to the Geography Field Study, and the History Research topic. I'd say the Art students get annoyed about all the separate bits to the exam as well (Art History etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I hate subjects that have extra sections you do beforehand, like the orals in French and Irish.

People always say 'Ohh but you have 25% of the marks before even going into the exam'. But it's not like you need to know 25% less for the actual written exam! You still need to sit down and study 100% of it, just as much as you would if the written exam was there in isolation!

Same applies to the Geography Field Study, and the History Research topic. I'd say the Art students get annoyed about all the separate bits to the exam as well (Art History etc.)

Especially the Technology project. It's worth half the total marks and it's a pain in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Snake17

RUSKI IS AN IDIOT :D

• Advertisement

Snake17 wrote: »

Listen, who do you think you are? You don't know me, so why you decide to find random posts by me and say lies like that?

If you really need your resources you should have thought of them and got access to them so you wouldn't have to ask people for their own work in order to plagiarise it.

So Snake17, please do the world a favour and shut the **** up. If I see another post like that, I will report you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ruski wrote: »
    Especially the Technology project. It's worth half the total marks and it's a pain in the arse.

The brief is the worst part spent two and a half hours doing about 3 half pages and a graph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MaighEoAbu

Snake17 wrote: »
    Ruski wrote: »
    Listen, who do you think you are? You don't know me, so why you decide to find random posts by me and say lies like that?

If you really need your resources you should have thought of them and got access to them so you wouldn't have to ask people for their own work in order to plagiarise it.

So Snake17, please do the world a favour and shut the **** up. If I see another post like that, I will report you.

I just reported him/her. :):p

Listen snake ( as you are aptly named ), you have issues.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I really wish I hadn't decided to give myself last week off, I have so much work to do now...

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Lawliet wrote: »
    I really wish I hadn't decided to give myself last week off, I have so much work to do now...

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!
    You'll probably be better off as you'll be refreshed-ish for the 8 week run in:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Snake17 has been banned for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

does anyone else find that they're constantly tired? I know we have a break now, but during a schoolweek I'm always wrecked coming home, and often fall asleep at my homework, or take a powernap in supervised study/History.

A load of girls at school find this too, is it just our school??

I also find that I really don't care anymore. Last year was like, Oh.My.God. Leaving next year *panic panic panic*

This year its more like I'm so sick of it I'm just not bothered

does anyone else find that they're constantly tired? I know we have a break now, but during a schoolweek I'm always wrecked coming home, and often fall asleep at my homework, or take a powernap in supervised study/History.

A load of girls at school find this too, is it just our school??

I also find that I really don't care anymore. Last year was like, Oh.My.God. Leaving next year *panic panic panic*

This year its more like I'm so sick of it I'm just not bothered

Absolutely. I'm absolutely knackered, even during the holidays. Even since November I have been constantly tired. You're not alone, don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

Good. I cant wait for the summer, 2 months of relaxation and alcohol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

+1000. After Christmas I felt grand, but now I'm almost always knackered and in a fairly crap mood as well. Oh well. in a couple of months it will all be over :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm so pissed off at school in general now I couldn't care. I really couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

I'm just going to rant.
    My parents have paid for me to do a mock spanish oral today and I cannot find my role plays, except 1 and 5. I feel like crying and it's not even the real thing but I dont want to be sitting there stuttering spanish at someone I don't know. I have 2 hours to find my role plays. which I took down right before easter holidays and put in my bag, so something ate them clearly :(
    /end

Other than that I'm pretty okay xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

If we've made it this far we may as well just give it everything for the next two months. I sure as hell don't feel like it right now, but the thought of walking in and out of each exam knowing I didn't try my best? That would be tough...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

AmyMaria wrote: »
    mock spanish oral today and I cannot find my role plays, except 1 and 5. I feel like crying and it's not even the real thing but I dont want to be sitting there stuttering spanish at someone I don't know. I have 2 hours to find my role plays. which I took down right before easter holidays and put in my bag, so something ate them clearly :(
    /end

Other than that I'm pretty okay xD

I'm too late but here's the spanish role plays in case you can't find them for the real thing http://www.examinations.ie/schools/Spanish_Roleplays_2009-2010_EV.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheMajor

well i got expelled from school a month ago but im still doin the leavin so try doin the leaving with no help from teachers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

TheMajor wrote: »
    well i got expelled from school a month ago but im still doin the leavin so try doin the leaving with no help from teachers

Jesus that's tough going. Atleast you probably have most of all your courses covered though, yeah? Best of luck with your Leaving Cert though, really hope you get on well.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

ayumi wrote: »
    just cant wait until that day were you go out of the hall !
    LEAVING CERT IS DONE
    Cannot wait for this moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

Im absolutely recked since Christmas and it sucks, whenever i go out I spend the night being tired.

it will all be over though soon, what will we complain about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm hoping we'll be moaning about how hot it is :D although realistically we'll be so nervous about the results we won't have time to complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

MaggieNF wrote: »
    Im absolutely recked since Christmas and it sucks, whenever i go out I spend the night being tired.

it will all be over though soon, what will we complain about then?
    Not being able to get a summer job no doubt!

theowen wrote: »
    Not being able to get a summer job no doubt!
    haha, good point or about college places

haha, good point or about college places

God, I seriously hope we won't be complaining about that :(

I'm hoping we'll be moaning about how hot it is :D although realistically we'll be so nervous about the results we won't have time to complain!

apparently the two hottest weeks of the summer are supposed to be the last week in may and the first in june, which are the two weeks we badly need to study during :(

apparently the two hottest weeks of the summer are supposed to be the last week in may and the first in june, which are the two weeks we badly need to study during :(

I think God hates all Leaving Cert and Junior Cert students, it's all always feckin' sunny those two weeks every feckin year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

:( That always happens. I supervised the Leaving last year in my school and thought it was brillant watching all the people in my old class doing the Leaving (I did TY, they didn't), having a laugh with them and then going out to enjoy the sun. Not going to be the same this year though. Although we'll live, it won't last forever (even if it seems like it!).

Advertisement