Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for my birth mother

Options
  • 29-03-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I am looking for my birth mother- her name was Bridget Mary O'Connor. She immigrated to the USA from Ireland "sometime" before 1957- I was born in Colorado USA in April 1957. She was 24 at the time of my birth, so I'm assuming that she was born sometime in 1932-33. Her married name at the time of my birth was Hayes- my birth father's name was Edward Ella Hayes. My mother was from County Cork. Any information at all would be very appreciated.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi bridget , just came across this post from u your mother was married when she had u, can u find a record of her marraige in the states. if u can u can find her birthcert from that or did she marry here in ireland.kathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Irishangel113

Good morning.... She was married at the time, however, I found that post-1954 Ireland overruled the adoption of children to married couples, so I'm assuming that she left Ireland as a single lady. I'm looking in the States-specifically Colorado, as that's where I was born-for her marriage cert. I've emailed the County Clerk of the county where I was born, and I'm also looking in Illinois where my father was born. Unfortunately, I really don't have much of a time-line to work with. I'm also waiting to see if I will actually be granted access to my file- right now it has to go before a Judge-if he ok's it then it has to be researched....
    My email is bridgeta44@gmail.com, and I'm also on facebook- if you're there feel free to add me-...........Bridget

Advertisement