Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre advice needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

Try looking online with Kwik Fit Tyres. I bought mine online with them recently and saved £30 a tire simply by booking online. I use Firestone tires and by booking in online, I got a price of £45 per tire. If I had gone in and made an appointment, they would have been £75 each!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

thanks man, just checked em there. 2 tyres available and cheapest is £115 a tyre, still outta my price range. looking at spending about 60-70 euro a tyre (times are tuff:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

If you can find someone who will fit them for you then camskill.co.uk will be the cheapest.

Any of the super cheap chinese sh1te just isn't worth it, thay are so bad its not even funny. Many of them are not 'e' marked either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks, some good cheap tyres on there as well!

What would yer opinion be on sceond hand (proper make) tyres? I was told stay well clear but i'm sure they couldn't be that bad as long as they had enough grip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks, some good cheap tyres on there as well!

What would yer opinion be on sceond hand (proper make) tyres? I was told stay well clear but i'm sure they couldn't be that bad as long as they had enough grip?

I used to use second hand tyres for drifting, some were perfect for road use but I wouldn't trust them unless I had checked them myself for damage/poor repairs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tyres and brakes are all that keep you on the road, don't skimp on tyres, avoid that cheap Chinese and Korean crap. Putting that crap on your car is as bad as not changing your current tyres.

If you cannot afford 4 decent tyres then look at replacing two now and maybe the other 2 a month or two down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

What car and how do you drive?
    Most important to have decent contact with the tarmac.
    I had Dunlops on my car ( 205/45/16 ) = 135 each
    I now have 2 Sonar Tyres on the front and trust me..I was quite surprised with the amount of grip they have.. I would not be vervous in the rain with them pushing along nicely.
    oh yeah
    The important part.. 150 for the two ...!!
    Got them at Rathcormac Tyres . in Co.Cork;)

Worth a phone call..

Advertisement