Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else doing the Maxi Marathon in Killarney?

• 29-03-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Is there anyone else planning on running the Maxi Marathon Killarney. I'm hoping to do it and was wondering if there is anyone who has run the route from Molls Gap to Muckross house who can give me any advice?
    http://www.maximarathonkillarney.com/. Thanks:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cat1981

Hi, yes I'm registered for it and am from Killarney. I am familiar with the route but haven't ran it but it is extremely beautiful and I'm really looking forward to it. I'd say it will be a nice run, but don't be fooled, a lot of people think that it will be all down hill but if you actually driver it, it will be quiet challenging but hopefully worth it. Wish me luck. Should be a great weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd have done it if it wasn't €50 and on the same day as the race series 5 miler.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 knobblyknees

Ya, its a nice route though for a change so I think I'll make a weekend of it. 50 euro is'nt bad. The Dingle marathon is 60 I think. It will work out well for my training for that also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maryc1976

hi,did the maxi marathon,the organisors are not posting up the results as to not hurt the people who did if for fun???i find this very strange and ive only started running and i wanted to know my co runners! also a cotton t-shirt did not go down well for my 50 yo yo's....anyone have the results sheet?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

maryc1976 wrote: »
    hi,did the maxi marathon,the organisors are not posting up the results as to not hurt the people who did if for fun???i find this very strange and ive only started running and i wanted to know my co runners! also a cotton t-shirt did not go down well for my 50 yo yo's....anyone have the results sheet?:mad:

From their website

2010 Participants : For those who did not get your result by text message please contact us at info@maximarathonkillarney.com

• Advertisement

I got an email last night with all the results so there must have been a change. I did the maxi as well and had an absolutely fantastic day, I thought it was extremely well organised and thought the atmosphere was amazing, can't wait for next year, loved the t-shirt as well, its the first year so it can only get better!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maryc1976

why arent they on website-thats normally what done?:confused:

Not really sure to be honest but I'm going to drop them an email now and ask them to put them on the website next year, can't wait!!!

Advertisement