Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in portlaoise

• 29-03-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

I just changed over to UPC from Smart, I've got the 15meg line one which during the day is
    764950562.png
    So can't ask for better, but in the evening is
    765252226.png

Pants.

I called customer support and after 25 mins the call was answered. After some checks the guy told me he would have to email someone else, and he has to call me back in 10mins, he said there's a problem where I live, that too many people are using too few lines. I thought UPC was un-contended?
    Well he's gone home now, and no answer. My speed is heading down, so I'll call again tomorrow.

Anyone else with the same problems?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

UPC is not uncontended, you share the same connection with all your neighbours on the same segment of the cable network.

Advertisement