Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Spell Checker

Options
  • 29-03-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭

It's been four years now and I've had enough! Why does the spell checker on an Irish site tell me my spellings are wrong when I am simply spelling them the UK/Ireland way? I thought it was my browser but when I changed to Chrome, the problem persisted. If there is a way to change this, I would love to know how. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Valmont wrote: »
    It's been four years now and I've had enough! Why does the spell checker on an Irish site tell me my spellings are wrong when I am simply spelling them the UK/Ireland way? I thought it was my browser but when I changed to Chrome, the problem persisted. If there is a way to change this, I would love to know how. Thanks in advance.
    There's a spell checker on boards?!

Where is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

As I am typing, colour has an annoying red line underneath it and color does not. Are you joking?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gordon does not joke. :cool:

But what he says is true, there isn't an inbuilt spellchecker on Boards, so it's most likely a feature of your browser, a plugin (like one I downloaded for Firefox a week or two ago) or something to do with your language settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Ok thanks, I will post the fix in the newbie forum if I figure it out. I'm sure it is annoying other people too.

Advertisement