Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have weird power glitches today?

Options
  • 29-03-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any power surges or glitches today
    around dooradoyle ?

Arrived home went upstairs and smelt burn from the bedroom which was worrying , my 26inch LCD telly that was just over a year old was dead as a doornail and would not turn on with a severe PCB burn smell from the top and back of it. No power, fuse OK and the PC on the same power strip was fine. Just really really deathly smell coming from the back of it.

Later on in the evening the smoke alarm started flashing and the house alarm wall unit started going off even though it was switched off.

Totally weird. As herself watches the telly in the bedroom at night I had the painful experiance of lugging the old HUGE TANK LIKE CRT up the stairs on step at a time in order to keep her sane.

Did not have loss of power as the alarm clocks would have gone off, but may have had a surge or something.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

bullets wrote: »
    Arrived home went upstairs and smelt burn from the bedroom

You're doing it right - just slow down next time......

- Am in Dooradoyle, nothing to report really, I did go back to a PC yesterday evening that I had booted earlier that had died, thought at the time it was a bit odd, restarted it and thought no more about it but maybe there was a spike or something......

Advertisement