Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

same here . what have we done to offend the snow gods!? i bet it'll turn to snow at the every end when it's about to clear.
    You're probably right but I'll still be watchin' that streetlight 'til the wee hours just in case - it's a terrible addiction;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Whats the most snow being reported on here?
    Nothing here where I am at all ,no sign of it, very stormy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I take it Dublin/Wicklow can forget about the snow now with it moving west or is it still on for later in the evening/tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fionagus wrote: »
    You're probably right but I'll still be watchin' that streetlight 'til the wee hours just in case - it's a terrible addiction;)

yes it is:) if nothing else my neck muscles have been exercised today

meanwhile the rain is turning more and more sleety now and it's gusty at times too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Calibos wrote: »
    I take it Dublin/Wicklow can forget about the snow now with it moving west or is it still on for later in the evening/tonight?

It's still on. The band will edge over us in a few hours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Gusty rainy cold miserable still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Film shoot tomo in Blessington - Whats the chances of it being called off ?? ie. is there any chance of snow falling there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Latest hi res seems to be extending snow risk a little further west, possibly effecting parts of Roscommon, with a slight risk in eastern Co Galway and clipping the eastern Mayo border. I am not holding my hopes up though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow melting fast now, should be melted in about an hour if we get nothing else till tonight, the 'clear-hole' over meath, dublin and louth seems to be growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Latest hi res seems to be extending snow risk a little further west, possibly effecting parts of Roscommon, with a slight risk in eastern Co Galway and clipping the eastern Mayo border. I am not holding my hopes up though.

have you a link to that hi res? thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

The centre of the low is a bit elongated west-east, As soon as it moves off to the east things will flood southwards..night time cooling will also help with temps.

pressure.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

dropped down to 4.0 from 4.9 here now, still very windy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

lol im lucky at getting snpw falling for once... its falling right from ballymoney the whole way to derry... its bound to be lying before nightfall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Am I correct in saying that all that precip off the cost of the north east has to move down over most of the country still and this is where the big event is ?
    :D

109225.jpg

forkassed wrote: »
    The centre of the low is a bit elongated west-east, As soon as it moves off to the east things will flood southwards..night time cooling will also help with temps.

pressure.jpg

so i will miss my snow.. wawa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

owenc wrote: »
    so i will miss my snow.. wawa

I thought you said you had a blizzard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

owenc wrote: »
    ano its soo worrying.. though nothing like that... was it like that down in enniskillen?

Not as bad as that, but the River Erne has risen consideribly over the past day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Film shoot tomo in Blessington - Whats the chances of it being called off ?? ie. is there any chance of snow falling there
    what's the film????

Mr. Nosey

probably a rain blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am very impressed that the pressure displayed on my wrist watch is the same as Deeps weather station !. Sleety drizzle & 4.5 here in the west.

• Advertisement

yes in the form of light snowflakes.. not heavy so it wont lie.. and accumulate to anything like 6 inches..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

x0whv5.jpg

Taking some time ago about 4 inches then we have about 5 inches now on the ground.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

jeep in the ditch around the corner!! :( said the slush caught him off and he had to get towed out. wonder if the councils are gritting the roads....

about 3 inches here on the grass, about an inch on the roads. still pelting down, very heavy and very windy

oh if only the flakes would get bigger.. sighs!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Heavy snow in Dublin all of today - especially inwhere I am in Castleknock. The Dublin mountains and sallygap have up two 40 cm of snow and large drifts.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

where abouts in monaghan are you "hotwhiskey" im in monaghan town and its snowing constantly but barely covering the grass

deaglan169 wrote: »
    where abouts in monaghan are you "hotwhiskey" im in monaghan town and its snowing constantly but barely covering the grass

met eireann in their weather update have it as a mainly northern/eastern event. the spread west is not going to happen in their view anyway! looks liek we'll miss out on the fun later.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Not even one snow flake in killiney this evening:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

deaglan169 wrote: »

I live in Cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    I live in Cavan

ahh amazing the difference a few miles can make ohh well enjoy it hopefully some will come my way

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement