Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ah not Naas again!
    Pics?

Ha !!! Don't you dare come near here or we will get none :p

Stopped now and icy rainy ice things falling from the sky lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I cant see Dublin, Meath or most of Louth getting anything for hours more, look at the radar and play it back over past few hours, the precipitation is moving over and around us from east to west across northern Ireland then down south west wards across the midlands then back south-east towards Kildare, Carlow etc. I can see the midlands doing really well out of this, we may not get our snow till well later on in the night when the thing finally starts to clear off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Moderate snow falling with very strong winds, starting to stick on grass and cars but only slowly.

Nearly time for the weather on RTE 1, wonder what they will say ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

On local radio news, Tree's down blocking some roads and power out in parts of Cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Jean Byrne on TV now. No whip but she mentioned that east Connacht/NE Munster might see something as well

Jean Byrne on TV now. No whip but she mentioned that east Connacht/NE Munster might see something as well

She was looking well this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

irish1967 wrote: »
    Sleet and very strong winds now effecting Donegal Town. First sleet we've seen. :)

Sleet here all day in Killybegs :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    She was looking well this evening

strange sense of fashion has that one !

on the upside not a bad weather forecast !

Starting to stick on the cars and grass now in newbridge

Temp 0.4

DP-0.4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Must be on the hills outside Killybegs. I was in town a good part if the day and just miserable rain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

snow covered cars and grass here in edenderry.snow has stopped now. but hoping to get some more later.we had the biggest flakes iv seen around 5:30-6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i've given up on seeing snow this evening. each look outside does not change anything:D so time to concentrate on the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

strange sense of fashion has that one !
    Fwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haha

Light snow here in baxtardia for the last hour or so.
    Flakes look nice as they wiggle their way along in the wind!

1.8c air
    Dew 0.4c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

109236.jpg
    I think I see Tuam under the sleet section there ! you just never know you may be in luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Severe blizzard, it is sticking and everywhere is white apart from the wet concrete but that will be soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Min wrote: »
    Severe blizzard, it is sticking and everywhere is white apart from the wet concrete but that will be soon.
    Exactly the same thing happening here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

OMG! OMG! Its getting closer!! Ahhhh!! :eek: Cant wait! :D

Think I will tip back on later , could be 12 or later before it gets back over my direction , hope you all get a good pasting !

Think Nacho had the rite Idea , go watch the match !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

WHat's that link to the radar image pistolpete?
    Been snowing all day here in Letterkenny but it's not sticking. The hills are getting a good covering though. Currently 0.9 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Couple of inches of snow here in the midlands, wish it would feck off it's almost April now, I'm ready for dry sunshine days!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after a 3 hour dry spell its started to rain here now:( Very little snow from today left on ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Back to rain here again. Pfffft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Anyone know how long this ~snow blizzard~ is expected to last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Everywhere white, its like a snowstorm you see from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Min wrote: »
    Everywhere white, its like a snowstorm you see from the US.

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why won't it swing back towards Dublin? Will it? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

baraca wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

Yeh...... ;)

Btw, the big snow cloud looks like its heading south / south east and will just miss dublin.....! Am i wrong?

In other news... the fat fella just scored lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

With that UK Red alert for N.I. from the UK met office, I hope everyone there is 'Taking Action' and are prepared for extraordinary measures!!! :eek::eek::eek:

"Take action’ means: Remain extra vigilant and ensure you access the latest weather forecast. Follow orders and any advice given by authorities under all circumstances and be prepared for extraordinary measures."

Wonder what they mean by 'extraordinary measures' - large whiskeys perhaps???

Getting windier here... thought the window was coming in with one gust a few minutes ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement