Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    Lights flickering here as well with the flickers getting more frequent...temp is up, now at 4.3C/2.8C we won't have snow at these temps but hopefully it might fall back a bit later on

hey trog - Yeah been going on last hour... cutbacks me thinks ...
    Should temp drop at all for us or are we gonna just see the usual few flakes ??
    Jenzz

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I don't like what the radar has in store for the Pale. SFA in comparison to what Northern Ireland has seen today. A lot of the rain's intensity has been used up and as the LP starts to move south, the fronts will lose some of the strong temperature gradient that has been feeding them. The M2 buoy which is about 40 km to the east of Howth is reporting only 3.9 degrees now. In good news, over the next hour or so any precipitation that falls, will fall as snow.

Also, flickering of lights has been duly noted in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Don't get me started! :mad:

Discuss....

lol ! :D

But back OT, my lights are flickering in Naas too.... thats lights flickering accross the country !! spooky !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

its snowing now white stuff on velux... though still sleety... heavier too.. will see how well it goes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Discuss....

But back OT, my lights are flickering in Naas too.... thats lights flickering accross the country !! spooky !!

No lights flickering here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

In Meath, lights are flickering too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Discuss....

...And here in Celbridge! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Shockin! :(

Lights flickering here too, better not shut off with united game on!

bayern missed two sitters:mad:

meanwhile, there was a rain and wet snow mix for the last twenty minutes. now it's back to all rain again. it's fairly blustery outside(where else:p) as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Su Campu wrote: »
    ...And here in Celbridge! :eek:

Whats going on even Pangea lights are flickering!

Must be the Hadron Collider in CERN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

owenc wrote: »
    will dps drop?? they were ment to be negative by now.

Says who - the models??!! :D (I'm kidding, OK!!) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Pangea wrote: »
    Shockin! :(

Lights flickering here too, better not shut off with united game on!

What's causing the lights to go funny? The TV went to standby mode 4 times in the last hour at the same time as the lights were mad. I thought I had a poltergeist!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lights have been flickering a bit here too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Lights flickered in Malahide too a few minutes ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Lights were flickering here earlier (about 30-40min ago) but are back to normal now. It's starting to rain so the snow is melting, yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It's a bit like the Day After Tomorrow!

Lights flickering (not mine though), Man Utd playing (they were playing Celtic in that film :p) and snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

And I can report lights flickering in Maynooth as well. I can understand it in one place, but right across Leinster seems a bit odd.

2.5C, cold rain, occasional stiff breeze. Miserable night, in other words, but nothing remarkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

What's causing the lights to go funny? The TV went to standby mode 4 times in the last hour at the same time as the lights were mad. I thought I had a poltergeist!

Yeah our tv has been doing that since about 5pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

15000 homes without power in NI due to the weather. Just seen it on sky news.

Just had a report from a friend that lights a flickering on the other side of town big style :eek:. Oddly not this side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Just had a report from a friend that lights a flickering on the other side of town big style :eek:. Oddly not this side though.

hmm strange. they flickered here for a couple of minutes. everything then went to normal- except for donuts and frogs falling from the sky:(

well, back to the match now.

• Advertisement

Wind really becoming a feature here now. Sounds quite frightening outside with a high pitched whistling going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

gothwalk wrote: »
    And I can report lights flickering in Maynooth as well. I can understand it in one place, but right across Leinster seems a bit odd.

I can add that Enfield Co. Meath lights are a flickering!

hmm strange. they flickered here for a couple of minutes. everything then went to normal- except for donuts and frogs falling from the sky:(

well, back to the match now.

It is an odd one Nacho. Unless I just an not noticing it but nothing here, yet just a mile on the other side of town it is supposed to be mad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

oh aye my bothers lights didnt go out in the town and ours did.. but there back on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

It is so wet here in d16. Wind has picked up but it has been heavy rain for the last hour. Not very likely for any potential snow to stick even if it does come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

National Grid must be misbehaving. It appears the radar images for Northern Ireland have perked up, so I'm a little more confident that snow is on its way here too. But I really want to see that LP moving off our coast! Unless the surface LP starts moving due east, much of the snow will be for Carlow/Kildare/Kilkenny even if it tracks east a bit more. The precipitation in Northern Ireland is the one to watch for north Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭xcarriex

Very wet and windy in Tallaght lights flickering for a while seem to have calmed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Heard that its snowing heavy in south kilkenny at the moment.

Mean wind speed shooting up to 23mph now. Direction alternating between NNW and North.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

baraca wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

No pics but its just very heavy and with the wind its blowing it off roofs and around from the ground and creating like dust storms of snow, about 3 inches inches fell in the last while.
    Living on high ground exposed to the north west isn't helping matters....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement