Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The really old sweetshop" New Shop Balbriggan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Opposite Charlie Corrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 MSmum

u can ask him to get fizzle sticks, he'll try and source them for u

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

They had the sour pips today, my sister and I bought a quarter each earlier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I made a big mistake the other day and ventured into this shop. It's crammed full of sweetie goodness (apart from clove rock, bleurgh :eek:). All the shelves are stocked full of jars that would make Willy Wonka himself proud.

While standing having the sweets weighed, I spied another nugget - a Stinger bar. Hadn't seen them in years. Although it's funny to see "No artificial colours" on the wrapper, as I don't think there was ever anything natural in them to begin with.

It's a great little shop, and the guy who was running the place seems to be really sound. I'd say the shop is definitely worth it not only for the trip down memory lane but could be a good one for popping into before going to the Cinema in the town too. (Maybe a cross promotion idea there for the two businesses? :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Oh god I loved them! Have to head in for a look.

Used to always get a quarter of sherbet lemons in Carey's..well I say a quarter, but my aunt worked there so she used to sort me out :P

Never shared them either, as I recall... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Do they have aniseed balls (like the massive gob-stoppers only about the size of a pea), sherbet bags with liquorice straws or cough drops or barley sugar twists ... [stops] ... beginning to drool onto keyboard ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 MSmum

they do indeed and if there's something you really want and he doesnt have it, he will try to get it for you. Have the Army&Navy cough drops too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

blastman wrote: »
    Never shared them either, as I recall... :P

Lol, quiet you! You were big and bold enough to get your own :P

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Do they have

Peggy's Leg?

It was like a stick of rock only sweet and cream coloured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rdaily207

I heard that lads from a headshop broke in an laced the entire stock with.....nah.....only joking, mods. I went in the other day and got a quarter of sour apples and a slushie. It is in my opinion a great addition to the town and is a great example of the kind of entrepreneurship that both the town and country needs to get back on its feet again. I hope the guy in question continues to come up with great ideas that create jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gavdar

MSmum wrote: »
    Oh how did you find that out? :p Spoke to Mr Doggy Doo and he will be opening on Sat, got all the sweets on the shelves so you can stand in the window and drool at all the old and differnet sweets, I have been asked already to get a load to bring home on sunday!
    Great idea,Great sweets,Great memories!!!!!. Lets hope Mr Doggy Doos is better at selling sweets.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

think he's opened another shop in Drogheda - looks to be the same anyway??

Advertisement