Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America for the summer

Options
  • 30-03-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Had a interview for camp leaders in America today hoping to get accepted!

Has anyone got any experience or tales to help a rookie in this situation!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

scoopmine wrote: »

Not a whole lot to say sisssssssster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

.. so applying for this next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Will be heading abroad on an exchange to help out as a youth leader hopefully!

Provided my application is accepted.

Greece here I come :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Where did you apply for it? I was kind of considering it myself for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

My Interculturism and communications teacher suggested it, and the people at YDP (youth development project) where i volunteer helped out too.

It's run through Leargas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Google "Camp Leaders", I looked into it.

I think I'm too cynical to deal with American kids for an entire summer *Shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

If I dealt with american kids for a entire summer I would end up in prison :P

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyy GAWD like look at her ............. *gets gun*...*shoots everyone*........*becomes sterotypical mass murderer*
    Joking or not you seriously have to stop saying stuff like that, it's getting rather worrying. I'm normally not one for back seat modding but seriously.
    Anyway;
    think_of_the_children.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Sorry :o but american chileren make me angry and annoyed >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

This is going to be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'm in the states now so if you have any random questions feel free to PM me:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I've been to America tons of times and worked with children, I loved it and they really arn't as bad as people make them out to be (although you always get one). It's a great way to spend the summer, enjoy :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread cleaned up. Keep posts on-topic, and try to leave out some of those violent references in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hitlersson, I've had to warn you about inappropriate language before. Don't think you'll keep getting away with infractions, I will ban you for longer and longer times and eventually you will be permanently banned from the forum if you keep up posting this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

scoopmine wrote: »

.. aaaanyway, do you get to pick where you wanna work?

Advertisement