Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow piercings

Options
  • 30-03-2010 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

hey all,
    im planning to have my eyebrow done in the summer when school finishes so i will be able to take it in and out during the nxt year of school.

thing is i have a weekend job in a supermarket which ill be working in the summer and i dont think they let them. i have to ask.

i was wondering would it be possible to take it in and out when needed for work or will it lead to damage?

thanks,
    xxboylarzxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I left mine in for two months before I started changing it, but then it grew out in September(got it done in January), I'd advise to leave it in for at least 6 weeks before yo go fiddling with it. But who am I to give advice.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

perfect thanks.:)
    can you get the clear bars in straight away?or do i have to go metal for 2 months?

i might just get the normal metal one done. not much the manager can do if its done :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

perfect thanks.:)
    can you get the clear bars in straight away?or do i have to go metal for 2 months?

I think so, but I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Meh I waited only 2weeks for my lip before l changed to to a clear bar and It healed grand D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Please don't be advocating/recommending bad practice. You really should wait 6-8 weeks before changing jewellery to give the piercing time to heal.

If the piercer is willing to pierce you with the jewellery that's one thing, but please do not go against the aftercare guidelines.

• Advertisement

You could also be asked to be pierced with PTFE which is safe and clear and for work take the balls off.... Only some pierce with PTFE though but AFAIK snakebite will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

You could also be asked to be pierced with PTFE which is safe and clear and for work take the balls off.... Only some pierce with PTFE though but AFAIK snakebite will do it.

what is your obsession with PTFE

Nothing but I use it with everything for school :D I would say Bioplast but I would most likely be eaten by everyone here unlike on bodyjewellery forum where at least there open to things.... :(

T&P here are very pc IMO

If I was to be 100 % honest I would recomment waiting a few weeks and changing it then but then I eat freaked at over it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Cant remember how long I waited with my eyebrow. Definitely wasnt as long as I was supposed to but thats my eyebrow so obviously I cant tell people not to wait as that would be wrong. You already waited years to get it done. A few more weeks wont kill ya.

Mr.S wrote: »

Whats the supermarket by any chance? Most these days don't care if you have piercings/tattoos.

its supervalu.
    i will get it done cause the handbook has nothng about eyebrow peircings your just not aloud wear them if your work with any fresh food which i dont.

hopefully they dont give out too bad ,cause im not going to take it out with the risk of infection:)

• Advertisement

its supervalu.
    i will get it done cause the handbook has nothng about eyebrow peircings your just not aloud wear them if your work with any fresh food which i dont.

hopefully they dont give out too bad ,cause im not going to take it out with the risk of infection:)

the supervalu near my house has people covered in fecking holes and tattoo's working in it.

its looking better for me now then:) haha

one more thing im 17 will there be any issues with getting it done on the day

Here is my advice to you; I would get the eyebrow pierced and get a standard piece of silver coloured jewelery and get a plastic balls put on to the piece of jewelery. The balls are not cheap. I think they are about €10 for two. Also get it done in a respectable studio like Wildcat in Stephens green shopping centre, Snakebite in middle abbey street or Bodyshock in temple bar [the street to the left of the central bank].

my mate wants to go to wildcat cause he knows people who reccomended it he is gettin a labret or somthing.thanks fot the advice.

perfect!can these plastic balls be removed and for example screw on metal ball when im not working?

perfect!can these plastic balls be removed and for example screw on metal ball when im not working?

Yes they can. Ask the piercer can you buy the balls separately. For wildcat it wouldn't do any harm bringing an Id because they could ask for Id.

thanks a lot i wouldnt mind paying a good bit extra for the balls as long as it doesnt mean taking the bar out:)

im 17 do i have to get concent? by any chance?

thanks a lot i wouldnt mind paying a good bit extra for the balls as long as it doesnt mean taking the bar out:)

im 17 do i have to get concent? by any chance?

For wildcat all you need is id :)

Also balls are pretty cheap like as in 1-2 euro :D

No, 17 is the age to get it done in Wildcat without consent but bringing Id would do no harm because you will definitely be able to get it done.

Also balls are pretty cheap like as in 1-2 euro :D

Clear ones are not I nearly had to pay €10 for the things.

great thanks for all the help:)

• Advertisement

Eyebrow piercings make you look really butch and men in the george like them, not that I've ever been there or anything....

oh fair enough nothing to do with the topic but ok,
    im straight...anyone can wear them

Are you a female. Because, then it makes you look REALLY butch.

Paddy I am straight and I have my eyebrow pierced. there is nothing wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Automatically deducing someone's sexuality from a piercing? Keep your rubbish to yourself. First and last warning as you've been quite offensive already

If you look online the balls can come cheap (that sounds wrong now :o)

And piercing's say nothing about your sexuality :o

If you look online the balls can come cheap (that sounds wrong now :o)

And piercing's say nothing about your sexuality :o
    Would you get your belly button done?
    Your man was just a troll. Gave up feeding em meself.

No!!!!!

Hmm I was wrong about something I said....... (again)

Will wrote: »
    Automatically deducing someone's sexuality from a piercing? Keep your rubbish to yourself. First and last warning as you've been quite offensive already

I'm sorry, but your mother doesn't mind it. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm sorry, but your mother doesn't mind it. :eek:
    Worst troll ever. Enjoy yer ban

Advertisement