Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow piercings

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Worst troll ever. Enjoy yer ban

Raze--Please try not to respond to the trolls--Reporting them is enough.

Ive banned Paddyg91.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm sorry, but your mother doesn't mind it. :eek:

Banned for 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Banned for 2 weeks.

Yer too late--I already permabanned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

seanybiker wrote: »
    Would you get your belly button done?
    Your man was just a troll. Gave up feeding em meself.
    I new a guy that did it for a laugh.
    Worst troll ever. Enjoy yer ban
    I agree with Raze. Insulting a mod? How stupid can you get?!

Back on topic, yea, the plastic or PTFE balls can be fairly cheap. I think I bought a CBR for less than a fiver inc. postage. And they can be threaded onto metal bars. OP, I say go for it in the summer, once you get your hols. Most places are OK with piercings once they're not too extreme, and cant be covered up with a bit of plaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

LD 50 wrote: »
    I new a guy that did it for a laugh.

I had it done top and bottom:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

lol. Im after ordering a few bits of jewelery for the lack. Might keep one piece and pierce me bellybutton for the laugh. Only till she notices lol.
    I seen the clear balls on ebay earlier. Dirt cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

unknown13 wrote: »
    what is your obsession with PTFE

he's a PTFfile ha ha. Sounds funnier in me head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

He got perma-banned today. So he can't respond to the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

haha, you rebel, you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KREATCHER

im 16 can i get my eyebrow pierced without my parents consent ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Is it woth gettin an ass whoppin from your parents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KREATCHER

yea defo , my dad wouldnt b 2 pissed off about it but my mam ehhhhhhhhh , yea defo woth it but can i get it done if i just go in ask ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Is it woth gettin an ass whoppin from your parents?

Better again your principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

KREATCHER wrote: »
    im 16 can i get my eyebrow pierced without my parents consent ?
    Yes. But not by anybody I would trust with a hole punch and a piece of paper let alone a needle and the human body.
    There is a reason why reputable studios, both tattoo and piercing impose their own age limits. If you are immature enough to disregard their rules then you aren't mature enough to follow the strict after care that having a body mod involves. If you really want it done then sit and have a mature discussion with your parents and get their backing, it will be worth it in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DonnyTheDon

Most of the Dublin stiudos will pierce an eyebrow at 16 without parental consent.

Most of the Dublin stiudos will pierce an eyebrow at 16 without parental consent.
    Snakebite won't, Wildcat won't, Bodyshock won't and I know I sure as hell won't, as I said no reputable studio will pierce without parental consent.

Snakebite won't, Wildcat won't, Bodyshock won't and I know I sure as hell won't, as I said no reputable studio will pierce without parental consent.

I would strongly suguest you start checking your facts before posting what restrictions other companies put on their business. Do you really believe there's some moral high ground to be gained from sending a sixteen year old to backstreet johnny with all the obvious problems that entails.

Couldn't be sure how many of these so called reputable (who decides who is and isn't) businesses would maintain such a stupid policy but it's good to see your highly regarded Snakebite is sensible in their response. Check their facebook page. I'm pretty sure any right minded piercer living and working in a country with absolutely no enforced (or otherwise) restrictions would follow the same policy.

Hope noone's offended by ranting, been up all night shivering.

I am a working piercer and studio owner. We are not trying to gain moral high ground by refusing to pierce/tattoo under a given age, we are, in fact, following rules. My Public Liability Insurance will not allow me to pierce under 16 nor anyone under 18 without a parents consent. As there are only two companies who provide this form of insurance the same rules apply to any other insured studio. If a person chooses to get pierced by a "backstreet johnny" then that is their choice. Even if we did agree to pierce at 16, then you would have 14 and 15 year olds who would want the same.
    As I said earlier, if someone is mature enough to get a piercing then surely they can have a mature conversation with a parent and explain why they wish to have it done. As for "any right minded piercer living and working in a country with absolutely no enforced (or otherwise) restrictions would follow the same policy." Like I said earlier I am a piercer, I consider myself right minded, but I do however, follow rules.

Rules handed out to you by an insurance company that covers you for what exactly?

Your position wasn't really in question. You were also speaking on behalf of the other shops you mentioned (omitting your own shop name but including three others just looks wierd to me). What are all their policies on this or do they all let some insurance company dictate. Snakebite was the only response I got maybe you'll have more luck with the other two you also speak for. What about all the rest of the shops or is that a complete list of reputable establishments.

The spirit of rebellion and individuallity. So long as mammy's alright with it. Keep towing the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Can we keep the things on topic please. Also DonnyTheDon what is your issue? You seem to be very argumentative for no apparent reason.

• Advertisement

Clearly those studios considered reputable by the poster (except maybe his own) will pierce eyebrows at 16, and why not.

Anyway sorry to cause a fuss. If misinformation is the name of the game I can bite my lip ring. Didn't mean to upset anyone only a bit of banter.

Rules handed out to you by an insurance company that covers you for what exactly?

Your position wasn't really in question. You were also speaking on behalf of the other shops you mentioned (omitting your own shop name but including three others just looks wierd to me). What are all their policies on this or do they all let some insurance company dictate. Snakebite was the only response I got maybe you'll have more luck with the other two you also speak for. What about all the rest of the shops or is that a complete list of reputable establishments.

The spirit of rebellion and individuallity. So long as mammy's alright with it. Keep towing the line.

Firstly,my insurance and the insurance of every other tattoo and piercing establishment that holds a similar Public Liability Policy, covers us for just that, Our liability to the public, ie. all work carried out on my premises is insured. The customer is guaranteed that we will carry out our trade to the highest possible standards as dictated to us by our insurers. I am insured through a UK based company so we are obliged to follow the same heath and safety guidelines as the UK.
    Secondly, In the spirit of boards, I NEVER name my own establishment. My identity and credentials are known to the moderators. I am here to offer impartial advice on matters with which I am experienced. I am not here to promote any particular studio.
    The policies among the main tattoo and piercing studios are as I have already stated. I have also viewed Snakebites Webpage and cannot find anywhere on it where they say that they don't require Parental consent for under 18s. I also did not suggest that only 3 studios in the country were reputable I mearly held them, as very well known places, up as an example.
    "The spirit of rebellion and individuallity. So long as mammy's alright with it." Yes unfortunately. How would you feel if someone pierced your 16 year old sister/daughters nipples and tattooed swallows on her cheeks with a few stars on her forehead for good measure, just because they supported her right and freedom to rebel. Unfortunately those places do exist and while you may not like the stance that we take against it, it is unfortunately the only stance we can at the moment take.
    And finally as for "keep towing(sic) the line" yes I will. Because I have seen what can and has been done to young people by premises who do not care about anything other than the money they can make and what they have also done to the reputation of our industry. For what you must remember is that while a piercing and tattoo maybe a statement or a fashion accessory for you, for many of us it's our living and livelyhood.

Clearly those studios considered reputable by the poster (except maybe his own) will pierce eyebrows at 16, and why not.

I will pierce a person at 16, but ONLY with the consent of their parents. As for why not, because I am puncturing a hole through the flesh of a minor. Is that not reason enough.

Firstly,my insurance and the insurance of every other tattoo and piercing establishment that holds a similar Public Liability Policy, covers us for just that, Our liability to the public, ie. all work carried out on my premises is insured. The customer is guaranteed that we will carry out our trade to the highest possible standards as dictated to us by our insurers. I am insured through a UK based company so we are obliged to follow the same heath and safety guidelines as the UK.
    Secondly, In the spirit of boards, I NEVER name my own establishment. My identity and credentials are known to the moderators. I am here to offer impartial advice on matters with which I am experienced. I am not here to promote any particular studio.
    The policies among the main tattoo and piercing studios are as I have already stated. I have also viewed Snakebites Webpage and cannot find anywhere on it where they say that they don't require Parental consent for under 18s. I also did not suggest that only 3 studios in the country were reputable I mearly held them, as very well known places, up as an example.
    "The spirit of rebellion and individuallity. So long as mammy's alright with it." Yes unfortunately. How would you feel if someone pierced your 16 year old sister/daughters nipples and tattooed swallows on her cheeks with a few stars on her forehead for good measure, just because they supported her right and freedom to rebel. Unfortunately those places do exist and while you may not like the stance that we take against it, it is unfortunately the only stance we can at the moment take.
    And finally as for "keep towing(sic) the line" yes I will. Because I have seen what can and has been done to young people by premises who do not care about anything other than the money they can make and what they have also done to the reputation of our industry. For what you must remember is that while a piercing and tattoo maybe a statement or a fashion accessory for you, for many of us it's our living and livelyhood.

Wow. I said Facebook not web page (the devil's in the detail) as I'd posed the question to them directly. I thought it was an eyebrow issue. Not to mention shops caring about nothing but money with fancy frontage and more than one location maximise profit over quality, sounds like another of your quoted reputable studios...

Sorry Will, I just can't seem to shut up, but what nonsense. Next it'll be facial tattoos and amputations, it's an eyebrow and they're sixteen.

I will pierce a person at 16, but ONLY with the consent of their parents. As for why not, because I am puncturing a hole through the flesh of a minor. Is that not reason enough.

Opinions aside and not that it's really very well enforced but the law in the UK is 16 no parent required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

DonnyTheDon instead of veering wildly off topic I would suggest you create a seperate thread on standards and practices if you like. Then let anyone who wants to engage, however most on this forum are just punters, very very few are actually in the business that I'm aware of.

Last warning, anymore more off topicness or nit picking and ill close the thread.

Advertisement