Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couch To 5K discussion thread (discussion of other programs welcome too!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

W3d3 this evening, and I forgot to bring my earphones! Will do it with the stopwatch on my phone and no music..not looking forward to it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

KayTee wrote: »
    W3d3 this evening, and I forgot to bring my earphones! Will do it with the stopwatch on my phone and no music..not looking forward to it :-(

Had the same problem for W3D3 on Sunday, its tricky for the first few minutes but when your mind gets into it you'll forget about the music and you'll be away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

backspacer wrote: »
    Fair play Betsy,

Starting week 4 this evening, looks a bit of a stretch compared to week 3 but gotta get through the first session and hopefully away i go then :)

Good stuff outta you backspacer!

Honestly its a huge jump I found, running for 16 mins in total:eek:
    But you can do it, focus on each section, don't even think about what is coming next and go very slowly during your 90sec recovery and 2.5min recovery, get your heart rate right back down (ultimate fat-burning exercise!!)

You will feel great afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Wk3 D2 done today!!! I really am not finding it easy, but having said that there was definitely a little improvement from wk3d1! I am noticing very slight improvements each week.
    God week 4 sounds scary though!!!

Wk3 D2 done today!!! I really am not finding it easy, but having said that there was definitely a little improvement from wk3d1! I am noticing very slight improvements each week.
    God week 4 sounds scary though!!!

ha ha! Yeah, its hard but we can do it!!!:rolleyes::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

W4D1 done, but christ not without some serious effort, thats second 5 minute run is a killer, was convinced i wouldn't make it up the hill on the way back but am still here to tell the tale!!! So if i can do it then anyone can do it i reckon :)

Week 4 complete!!!

I found it ok today but am very nervous about what is instore for me next week!!! I never check whats coming up either, just leave it as a nice? surprise!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Week 9 day 2 complete.

Only one more run till I'm finished! Ahhh

Stuttered over the finish line for W4 D2, its that second 5 minute run that is killing me, although its jogging the entirety of it up against a hill that doesn't help matters. Methinks will have to get a more level place to run if i'm going to complete the nine weeks :D

Don't know how u do it uphill backspacer - fair play to you! I take the flattest route possible at all times! Did W4d1 earlier. Took it at a fairly slow pace and found it grand, but as I said- it was pretty flat! Was afraid of killing myself on the slippy road though. Apart from the snow/slush, perfect conditions for jogging, really enjoyed it

• Advertisement

Don't know how u do it uphill backspacer - fair play to you! I take the flattest route possible at all times! Did W4d1 earlier. Took it at a fairly slow pace and found it grand, but as I said- it was pretty flat! Was afraid of killing myself on the slippy road though. Apart from the snow/slush, perfect conditions for jogging, really enjoyed it

Finished week 4 today but opted to do it on a flat surface instead, needed a break after the hill runs and found it a lot easier to finish today thank christ, didn't stutter this time anyways.

ok, W5D1 done, found it ok but I am dreading day 3......A TWENTY MINUTE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dear god:eek:

ok, W5D1 done, found it ok but I am dreading day 3......A TWENTY MINUTE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dear god:eek:

Ha am right behind you betsy,just did W5D1 today,had to use the local GAA pitch this week instead of the roads,too dangerous to be out there.loved it jogging round the pitch at -2,can't beat it!

It just shows your commitment to running!!!
    Fair play to you.:D

I did W5D2 last night, 2x 8min runs, managed it, but day 3 is playing heavily on my mind, dreading it, but I do think its mind over matter, sure I must be able for it, so I have to convince myself, I nearly gave up during the first 3 mins of the first 8min run but kept going, huge psychology going on!!!

It just shows your commitment to running!!!
    Fair play to you.:D

I did W5D2 last night, 2x 8min runs, managed it, but day 3 is playing heavily on my mind, dreading it, but I do think its mind over matter, sure I must be able for it, so I have to convince myself, I nearly gave up during the first 3 mins of the first 8min run but kept going, huge psychology going on!!!

I've tried to put that 20 minute run out of my mind for the moment and worry about W5 D2 first, am more impressed i've lasted this far to be honest. Still if i thought 5 weeks ago that i would be able to run like this i would have been thinking its nuts, still can't beat a good run on the cold evenings like this, really gets you going.

Thats W5D2 completed, felt knackered after it, so a break now till saturday/sunday for the big 20 minute jog, jesus don't know how i'll do it.

This weather is messing everything up!! I've been waiting since sat to do w4d2 but can't get out....aaarrrrggghhhhhh! If it doesn't clear up soon I'll be back in lazy land making excuses to do nothing

This weather is messing everything up!! I've been waiting since sat to do w4d2 but can't get out....aaarrrrggghhhhhh! If it doesn't clear up soon I'll be back in lazy land making excuses to do nothing

I know this weather is a pain at the moment for any kind of road running, if you can you should try and go to a local park or pitch to do it, nice and level and easy on the knees as well. But then again everyone's circumstances are different in this ridiculous weather.

Well I completed W5D3 last night!!!

Very pleased with myself that I managed to do it. It was ok, hard but ok.
    I just concentrated on each 5 min interval, i didn't look at the time until i had 18 mins done, then I knew I could hang on for last 2.

Lord knows whats instore next week!!!:eek:

I just concentrated on each 5 min interval, i didn't look at the time until i had 18 mins done, then I knew I could hang on for last 2.

Thats amazing!!!! well done!!!

• Advertisement

Thats amazing!!!! well done!!!

Thanks TFAC!

I was really pleased and amazed I could do it.
    The programme works, its never easy , I find each session tough but surprise myself with how much I can do when pushed.

I'm delighted for you betsy,you're the sort of person that can inspire me to finish this program,keep it up,your gonna finish it no bother i think!

I'm finished!!

What next?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Enter a 5k, or move to a 10k training program?

Just saw that Carli has started doing podcast for Bridge to 10k so going to start on that tomorrow.

Thanks backspacer, feeling a bit de-motivated this morning but your message has helped me. Will start week 6 tonight

Just saw that Carli has started doing podcast for Bridge to 10k so going to start on that tomorrow.

Well done!! Love the new ticker! Be sure to keep us updated here on how your getting on :)

W1D1 of B210K done.

Week 5 Day 3 done, spluttered my way through that 20 minute run, but am glad i got there, feeling really upbeat now!

• Advertisement

backspacer wrote: »
    Week 5 Day 3 done, spluttered my way through that 20 minute run, but am glad i got there, feeling really upbeat now!

Fantastic!!! Thats brilliant, keep up the good work

I did W6D1 last night, my legs felt heavy but I did it, thought it would eeasy after the 20min, but it was as hard as it always is.

2x10 min tomorrow.

Advertisement