Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couch To 5K discussion thread (discussion of other programs welcome too!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

If I don't get my Armagh ass back out training soon I will end up having to start this programme from scratch. It's been almost two weeks since I went for a run. Stupid f*****g snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Fantastic!!! Thats brilliant, keep up the good work

I did W6D1 last night, my legs felt heavy but I did it, thought it would eeasy after the 20min, but it was as hard as it always is.

2x10 min tomorrow.

Thanks for the words of encouragement betsy, starting week 6 tomorrow and am looking forward to it, had heavy legs after the last day so am hoping for a easier run of it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maiseydaisy

Hi,
    Just started this plan to get fit and i love it - just starting week three tho but this forum is def the motivation i need. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

Hi,
    Just started this plan to get fit and i love it - just starting week three tho but this forum is def the motivation i need. Thanks! :)

Best of luck Maisey, you wont feel the weeks flying by!

Hi,

Good luck with it, its gonna be good fun believe me, am delighted with the fact i can run 20 minutes now after 5 weeks, will be a great feeling when you just get that far!!

• Advertisement

W6D1 completed, weather was lovely and chilly for running, was a lot more relaxing than the 20 minute run the last day anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ahhhh i've no motivation to go to the gym tonight :(

ahhhh i've no motivation to go to the gym tonight :(

I know the feeling,am from Galway as well and is a chilly evening to go anywhere. But am telling you when you get out and get started you'll feel great after it, its pushing yourself to go out and just get started is the hardest part.

backspacer wrote: »
    I know the feeling,am from Galway as well and is a chilly evening to go anywhere. But am telling you when you get out and get started you'll feel great after it, its pushing yourself to go out and just get started is the hardest part.

I did it. Feel a bit woozy now but glad I did it.

W6D2 completed,was a bit strange not having to have extra layers running after all the frosty shenanigans lately:D

• Advertisement

W6D2 completed too!!!

Bring on the 25min run:eek:

W6D2 completed too!!!

Bring on the 25min run:eek:

Its a frightening prospect alright, but if i can do 20 minutes last week, then i should be able to push onto 25 minutes, sure we've come this far so here's hoping to push over the finish line!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Bless me boardies for I have sinned, it's been 13 days since my last run! Well until this morning that is! Finally got out for w4d2. Really suffered on the second 5 min run, but no pain, no gain I guess, and it had been nearly 2 weeks since I was out. Staying upright on the thawing roads was as much, if not more of a challenge though!

W1D3 complete.

W6 D3 complete, took a few minutes to get my breathing right but felt more comfortable midway through it when i got into a rhythm, 25 minutes - never thought i'd see myself doing that anytime :D

W7 D1 completed, great evening for running i have to say, cold and clean!!

Right, finally got to do W6D3 after a hectic week, found it ok, thought I had some left in the tank so to speak. Ran it outside and I have quite a ad chesty cough so reckon my speed will be better once that has cleared. I am concentrating on completing the time at the moment anyway, so 25mins ran!!! Thats impressive I think!
    Hope to do W7D1 tonight, need to catch up with you, Backspacer!!!!

Right, finally got to do W6D3 after a hectic week, found it ok, thought I had some left in the tank so to speak. Ran it outside and I have quite a ad chesty cough so reckon my speed will be better once that has cleared. I am concentrating on completing the time at the moment anyway, so 25mins ran!!! Thats impressive I think!
    Hope to do W7D1 tonight, need to catch up with you, Backspacer!!!!

W7D2 tonight weather permitting, looking forward to it already i have to say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Can't believe it but I actually got out and finished day one of week 4 today!! I had been dreading it and putting it off and using everything as an excuse! The snow really messed me up so much!! I really didn't think that I was going to actually finish it so im feeling amazing now!!

Wk4D2 today!!

• Advertisement

W7 D2 was marked down as a fail, unfortunately the weather has decided that running is not option,couldn't finish due to the slip sliding around the place, might have to wait till xmas eve for the thaw before i take another swing at it.

backspacer wrote: »
    W7 D2 was marked down as a fail, unfortunately the weather has decided that running is not option,couldn't finish due to the slip sliding around the place, might have to wait till xmas eve for the thaw before i take another swing at it.

It's crap isn't it?

I got W2D1 complete today in the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The weather really has banjaxed so much stuff.

It's crap isn't it?

I got W2D1 complete today in the gym.

Crap is a generous choice of words for it,got W7D2 completed today in the gym,figured it was safer anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Halfway

Hi,

This is my first post. Have been reading various peoples logs about the C25K for a while and decided to join in for the motivation factor.

I completed W5D2 today and I am actually looking forward to my 1st 20min run. Thought I would be dead after the 8 minute run but I was fine and then thought I missed the signal for the next one and ended up running 9 minutes instead. Delighted with myself. Might be a different story next time.......

Halfway wrote: »
    Hi,

This is my first post. Have been reading various peoples logs about the C25K for a while and decided to join in for the motivation factor.

I completed W5D2 today and I am actually looking forward to my 1st 20min run. Thought I would be dead after the 8 minute run but I was fine and then thought I missed the signal for the next one and ended up running 9 minutes instead. Delighted with myself. Might be a different story next time.......

Welcome to the dark side:D The 20 minute run is going to be a great feeling once you finish it, you never think its possible until then and just pushes you on, you might have the odd stutter along the way but keep it up, the rewards outweigh the pain you may suffer for it !!!

Welcome Halfway!!!

Its a fantastic programme, I finally completed W7D1 today, a 25 min run, found it grand, hope to do day 2 tomorrow, I have been so busy the last 2 weeks with nights out and functions and between that and the bad weather I have struggled to do my running but I miss it terribly and fit it in as soon as I can and this has never happened before, normally any reason to not do exercise was considered a valid excuse!

I ran 2.5 miles in the 25 mins so I am pleased with that and I wasn't dying, my only problem is boredom, now I find it nicer to run outside so |I look forward to the thaw!

Completed Wk4D3 today!!! Can't wait to start week 5 now! Christmas is gonna get in the way a little though!!

W7D3 completed, flippin hard breathing in cold air and crunching through snow, really don't know how regular runners do it day in day out.

• Advertisement

W5D1 completed today! I can go and eat what I want over christmas now without feeling too bad! woohoo! Really getting such a kick out of these runs!!

Advertisement