Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for private chef/cook in September for 1/2x a week

Options
  • 30-03-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently living abroad and coming back in September. My current arrangement here is myself and my room-mates employ a chef [he is currently in culinary school] to come 2x a week, cook a bunch of food and leave it in Tupperware, and we then heat it up as we go throughout the week

Bunch of reasons why I want this - quality of food, dont want to spend the time, want to ensure that I always have healthy quality food and dont resort to take away's etc.

I'm hoping to find someone to provide a similar service in Dublin, around the UCD area starting September

I guess the best candidates are out of work chef/culinary students with free time on their hands.

Just wondering if anybody has any tips on finding people, what I can expect to pay, if anybody knows any suitable candidates, etc

Cheers

Gavin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Another option could be someone who is retired but still likes to cook, cost wise can vary everyone has their own ideas of how much they are worth.
    Might be worth advertising in a few colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Bump on this thread

I'm now back in Ireland and looking for someone for the job. Anybody intersted/have anybody to recommend/any comments?

Thanks

No one at all?

There must be qualified persons out there in need of some work

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Have you tried advertising on Gumtree and similar? There are probably more unemployed chefs there than there are here.

I put it on ADverts, but Gumtree is a good idea, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement