Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website SEO Advice - New website

Options
  • 30-03-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I am new to this. I did my website from scratch on dreamweaver.

I do well on a few searches but i am on the bottom third page for 'wedding video Cork'. This is an important search for me.

My website is www.gbvideo.ie .

Do you have any ideas to improve this?

Also any other feedback on the site? I think it does not look very professional. I was thinking of getting a good template and amend to suit. I want an elegant, simple site and it ranking well.

I don't ask for much.

All advise welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Hi Tommy,
    I think you have hit the nail on the head when you say it does not look very professional. In your line of work appearances are everything so having a good clean crisp site is important. To be honest you are probably as well paying a proper designer to build you a site.

With that in mind ranking your site better encompasses a lot of factors including onpage elements such as text, alt tags, the site structure, metatags and a number of others. Its then down to building good quality links pointing to the site and all these things take time as SEO is a slow process. You should also look at getting listed in Google local search which can be quick if done right-however I would get the site revampted first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Digino

Build anchored links to your site using wedding video cork as the title.

When you consider that if you are ranked in 10th position you gather approx 1% of the traffic for your keyword, as opposed to approx 40% of the traffic for ranking number 1; you will figure out how much emphasis you should put on your link building to try and get your site to number 1.

You should also consider PPC and bid on an exact match for main keyword to get traffic to your site. It should be quite easy for you to determine your monthly PPC spend based on the ROI of converting leads per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

You are trying to rank for Wedding Videos Cork but that phrase is nowhere on your page as one piece of text.

You have to remember the things that Google looks for.

Page Title
    Page Description
    Heading Tags
    Text in bold
    Content Text.

all of these help Google to determine what your page is about.
    That is the "on page part".

The off page part is getting links to your site the more links you have from well ranked pages the more weight Google will give you in search results.

In a busy search like wedding Video's it can take a while before all of this comes together.

A Simple test is to use the Google toolbar in your browser to look at a cached version of your page then pick the text only option. Also use the Google webmaster tools to Check for any problems on your site.

Below is a report on your site from a simple tool I use a lot its the metatag checker on widexl.com

Meta tags analysis.
    Title: Title contains no errors.
    This tag contains 41 characters.
    Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
    The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.
    Description: Description meta tag is too short.
    This tag contain 22 characters. This is too short for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' description. The minimum number of characters we recommend for this tag is 50.

Description meta tag relevancy to page content is excellent.
    The Description meta tag relevancy to page content is 100%.
    Keywords: Keywords meta tag contains no errors.
    This tag contains 7 keywords and 92 characters.
    Keywords meta tag relevancy to page content is good.
    The keywords meta tag relevancy to page content is 71%.

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tomi21fl

Hi there

I hope you want an honest opinion. So
    You are a proffesional (I guess ) and your website doesnt tell us that.
    Check this out (non irish website) http://www.trlaz.com/
    Clear simple and proffesional.
    I know you try to get your website running cheap but that may get you in trouble?
    PM me for few hints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

Your website is good for a beginner, but you really need to divvy it up. I would advise getting a freelancer to to the site for you. You could have a professional site for $200-300.

As for SEO, learn how to set your title tags, description etc, and then get links to your site. You can outsource that too and I think it would not be hard to rank for "wedding Pictures Bantry"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

Also, just wondering why you would ask potential clients to enter a password to see you video? I think everyone should be allowed to see it if they choose to press play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mudakala

Hi! What would be the price for a similar site?
    http://www.clancondevelopments.com/index.php/home

Whats the least you could ask for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

mudakala wrote: »
    Hi! What would be the price for a similar site?
    http://www.clancondevelopments.com/index.php/home

Whats the least you could ask for it?

Whats this got to do with anything on this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mudakala

D.W wrote: »
    Whats this got to do with anything on this thread?

you are right, but in this forum i could not find threads I was looking for, so I posted in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

OP,

Your site is not w3 valid either with 22 Errors: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gbvideo.ie%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0. Also SEO is a recurring activity as opposed to a once off, you will have to bear this in mind also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Huskora

Im just going to give you the code to SEO your meta tags,

Replace<title>GB Video Productions - Wedding Video Cork </title>
    with this:

<title>wedding video, video production cork , wedding recording</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Wedding video, at GB Video we want to film your special day for you, we are located in cork, we give you and your family and friends a chance to look back at the memories of your wedding day." />
    <meta name="keywords" content="wedding video, video production cork, video production ireland, wedding video, wedding dvd, cork, ireland, high-end wedding videographer, irish wedding videographers" />
    <meta name="robots" content="noodp,index,follow" />
    <meta name="author" content="wedding video"/>
    <meta name="COPYRIGHT" content="wedding video">

If you do this it will seriously help you in the ranking on the search engine resulting in more customers, this is what we do every day, we compete for position1 on the search engines, with our techniques you will get a good ranking. Use the above code to get you started.

If you want more help drop by our site and submit support request, and that we spoke here.

Hope you find that usefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Thanks to all of you for your advice and comments. I will implement these over the next few weeks,

Thanks again.

By the way Huskora, what is the address of your site you mentioned in your post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Huskora

Hi Tommy, the address of our website is huskora.com,

Thanks
    Huskora Support

Advertisement