Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will there be a new san andreas and wen

• 30-03-2010 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

any info or thoughts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Nobody knows yet to be honest,it would be great thought if is was happening or even if there was a Vice City with the game engine of GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Purchiz

San Andreas on PS3

organism just thinking about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Purchiz wrote: »
    San Andreas on PS3

Quoted! Chortle, chortle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

San Andreas on PS3 would give me suuuch a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

San Andreas on PS3 would give me suuuch a clue.

Ohhhhww my gawwwd im totallyyyy having a clue roight noww!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Who knows what they have in the piupe works theres some posters around liberty city Ballad of gay tony saying it could be in europe.

At the moment there just getting to release a western game so all the focus has been on that i wouold presume also getting ready to deliver max payne 3.

I think itle be a "year or two" Interesting link here
    http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/04/14/grand-theft-auto-5-release-date-expected-in-fall-2010.htm
    September 2009 update: During GTA publisher Take-Two’s Q3 2009 earnings call, chairman Strauss Zelnick denied GTA5 by — ironically — talking about GTA5. To quote: “We’re not going to announce it. We’re not going to announce when we’re going to announce it. And we’re not going to announce the strategy about announcing it or about when we’re going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy. Any other questions?” icon_lol.gif

So theres going to be something i recon theyle announce it some time in the winter 2011...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Purchiz wrote: »
    San Andreas on PS3

ahhh the joys of the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Wonder if they would bring back any characters from the original one or from gta4, bring back Brucie baby!!!

Also Lazlow must be in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

San Andreas was so huge for xbox i cant imagine what they will produce with it next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd say the next game will be set in Vice City.Given they had Vice City FM in the DLC i reckon thats just a really big hint.

• Advertisement

I'd say the next game will be set in Vice City.Given they had Vice City FM in the DLC i reckon thats just a really big hint.

Or else they just took up on all the feedback that they got about Vice City having the best music by a long mile. I doubt its a hint TBH!

I reckon it will be Vice because Vice always comes after a Liberty City one i.e. 3 and Liberty City stories both had Vice City after

TheTosh wrote: »
    I reckon it will be Vice because Vice always comes after a Liberty City one i.e. 3 and Liberty City stories both had Vice City after
    I think they need to go somewhere new. GTA is going to be around for a long time to come and they cant just revolve around 3 areas. They need to change it.

It wouldnt suprise me if they did a European Region in a similar format like San andreas. Have 2 or 3 cities (Paris, London and some other city), They could have mountainous region in between etc etc. Think it would give it more life as IMO Europe has more like than the US anyways!

The relatively small size of Vice City would help with the development process. I mean, you could expect seriously impressive graphics; a longer, more intricate story line; and a large number of buildings one could enter because the city is about 1/5 the size of San Andreas and is also much smaller than Liberty City. So Rockstar could pack a ton of stuff onto a BlueRay disc.

As long as the next GTA isn't set in present times I'll be happy. Without a 90s or 80s feel etc., there is no nostalgia or soul to the game. GTA4 showed this IMO. It wouldn't surprise me if they did a 1930s Chicago GTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TheTosh wrote: »

Not strictly true... San Andreas was the second city in the original GTA
    Then there are other cities which haven't been done more than once, like London and the unknown city from GTA2

I for one would prefer a return to Vice City (in the OTT 80s!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

As much as I'd love a return to either Vice City or San Andreas, it would be epic if they changed to a city/cities in Europe!

Carser City has been mentioned in a lot of the games maybe they could model that on another American city or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Forget about San Andreas, they need to do something new. I'd like it set in Europe in the mid 90s, maybe England, France and Spain and call it GTA: Europa. They could include small versions of each country with 3 main cities, Madrid, Paris & London, and then a few small rural & coastal towns in each country and a channel tunnel between England and France which opens later in the game to bring you to mainland Europe, starting with France then having the Pyrenees separating France and Spain. The story could resemble some Guy Ritchie film or similar films. You start off as a London gangster and work your way up to become a crime lord operating from a resort town in southern Spain. With the amount of British gangster films made they could have lots of stories to base the game on, like Vice City done with Scarface and others. You could also have many different gangs to deal with like The IRA, ETA, African-French gangs, Travellers, Neo-Nazis etc. Also Maurice Chavez or Fernando Martinez could return to host a Spanish radio station. Just a few ideas which I think would be cool to see, and different to what we've seen before in GTA.

^^^ Great suggestion for us folks in Europe but the yanks would probably not buy into that. I bet they wouldnt like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JaTochNietDan

The rumor is that at E3 they will announce a new Vice City.

• Advertisement

What are you basing that on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JaTochNietDan

What are you basing that on?

http://giik.net/gta-5-vice-city-2.htm

These images have been leaked all over the internet in the last few weeks of E3's apparent line-up. Now this is likely fake, I'm aware that the list contains the typical internet-persons dreamgames such as TES5 and Half Life 2: Episode 3. Regardless, I've been positive since the release of GTA:IV that their next game would be a Vice City remake.

Again, just a rumor.

Also this is just one site, it was on loads of sites, just Google E3 Lineup leak and you'll find loads about it.

Any source/link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

A GTA, set in the UK, in the 80s. Now that would be quality.

As much as I loved Vice City I'd be kinda disappointed if they went back to it. I really want something/somewhere new.

In the unlikely event that GTA is mentioned at E3; would i tbe likey to get a release in 2010? or would it being shown at E3 in June mean it's still early days and we wont see it til 2011?

I want it this year. Loved IV, but sick of it at this stage. I need a new city and set of cars to tear around in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

i would really like a new San Andreas too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

GTA: Belfast, set in the 70s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    GTA: Belfast, set in the 70s

Well, the taxi missions would be interesting at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

jd007 wrote: »
    Any source/link?

Actually, apparently Rockstar don't have a stand at E3 this year.

Also, this might be interesting to us all....
    Jim Reilly the director from IGN, who wrote ''heard interesting things about the next Grand Theft Auto'', also told that ''2012 is the release of Grand Theft Auto V and BioShock: Infinite''

Advertisement