Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shock! Horror! Ricky Martin admits he is gay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Them hips never lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Seems everyone is coming out this month :)

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/914-how-to-say-it.html

The amazing Randi (though he says these days he is not amazing any more but "mildly astonishing") is a nice addition to the ranks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jack from Will and Grace came out a while ago as well: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/03/sean_hayes_gay.html

It's always the ones who you'd never guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CSaber

Most shocking thing I've read today! Being serious though, good luck to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Stark wrote: »
    Jack from Will and Grace came out a while ago as well: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/03/sean_hayes_gay.html

Damn it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Stark wrote: »

He was in the closet?

Yea, it was a thing that the two gays guys were actually straight.

My mam told me that he was gay :rolleyes:

I thinks your mother didn't exactly have her hand on the pulse of L.A. gay gossip, perhaps she assumed and passed that off as fact?

I'd say so. The idea of my mam being up to date on gay gossip is quite funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

"Shock! Horror! Ricky Martin admits he is gay"

Indeed surprising. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭eaglach

Am I the only person who didn't know he was gay?

How did you know/suspect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

eaglach wrote: »
    Am I the only person who didn't know he was gay?

How did you know/suspect?
    This gave me a big hint:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Is any one else thinking what i am thinking ???

(just in case your not i was thinking he was dating anna kornakova for years do you think it was a case of a convenient thing for both partys ???)

This gave me a big hint:

I still don't get it! All I see in the video is him singing on a stage and then hooking up with some woman! I think I'm missing something obvious...

Gay men get all the women. FACT.

I still don't get it! All I see in the video is him singing on a stage and then hooking up with some woman! I think I'm missing something obvious...
    Many things. He's manicured to perfection. The video is as camp as bedamned with the OTT dancing. He has male dancers. He is a male dancer. The entire thing is just so fabulous.

@crotalus: you're thinking of the wrong latino. Tis Enrique Iglesias whos with Anna Kournikova.

Many things. He's manicured to perfection. The video is as camp as bedamned with the OTT dancing. He has male dancers. He is a male dancer. The entire thing is just so fabulous.

@crotalus: you're thinking of the wrong latino. Tis Enrique Iglesias whos with Anna Kournikova.

Aren't you just stereotyping?

Anyways, I've seen many famous singers with videos like that and they're not gay.... at least not openly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Is any one else thinking what i am thinking ???

(just in case your not i was thinking he was dating anna kornakova for years do you think it was a case of a convenient thing for both partys ???)

Was that not Enrique Iglesias?

Yes. By looking for stereotypical characteristics, one very quickly gets an idea about another's sexuality. 'Gaydar' is never 100% accurate, but it at least explains the lack of shock most people experience when they hear someone like Ricky Martin is gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Anyways, I've seen many famous singers with videos like that and they're not gay.... at least not openly!

What probably was more of a give away was that he wasn't married but adopted surrogate children and was photographed with a male friend a couple of times looking very chummy.

Advertisement